1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thinking about changing my "Made in Indonesia" label to a "made in China" one...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nobody, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobody

Nobody Inactive

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    People say they like the sound and look of my Ibanez and whatnot but when I let them get a closer look at it they see the "Made in Indonesia" on the back of the headstock and the call me a loser and tell me that all the good basses are coming out of China these days. So anyways I've been reading all the threads about changing the name on the headstock of basses and the idea smacked me square on top of my head to change the label on the back of my bass to say "Made in China" instead of "Made in Indonesia". I think people will like me more if I did. What do you think? :help:

OOD likes this.
  2. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    I think the poor guy that opened the first thread better have a sense of humor!!

3. Nobody

Nobody Inactive

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    Me too....

OOD likes this.
  4. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    Wearing it out ...

5. fenderphil

fenderphil

Sep 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Haha

6. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Made in Indonesia.. SR Premium serie? In that case, just leave the MII logo on it ;) Don't care what people say about your gear, you like it and that's it ;) Would you sell your car or house if people don't like it? Of course not! So the same for your bass : Be proud on it and leave the MII logo on it :)

7. Yeah, made in china labels are the best labels for metal, it's all in the labels man..

8. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

You are kidding right? This is a joke, yes? If not, it shows how dumb some people can be - a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, yes?

I does not matter WHERE in the world anything is made any more. All such manufacturing is totally automated with the latest equipment, probably from Japan and Germany. The new Squiers come from Indonesia, and they are better than the MIM products and perhaps better than some MIA. Manufacturers are moving out of China since the labor and real estate there is getting to be too expensive, and when they do, they set up a new, state-of-the-art factory, and the product is even better than before (like the Squiers).

All that is important is the name on the headstock. If it is a good reliable company, they are going to be sure that the product is good, no matter where it is made.

9. Nobody

Nobody Inactive

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    Yes I'm kidding but just because I'm kidding doesn't mean that I'm not also dumb. :smug:

OOD likes this.
  10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I vote for a "Made in Uranus" sticker.

11. J Gold

J Gold Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Houston,TX
    The labels are all made in mexico...

12. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Yes.

13. Just scratch out some of it so it only says 'Made.'

14. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    burn it off!

15. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    LMAO the chinese made stuff is worse in my expeirience. But really if your friends like your bass untill they see where it is made I'd be looking for some smarter firends.

16. Put a sticker on it.

17. countbassiedad

countbassiedad

Apr 29, 2010
    No affiliations
    Great thread! LOLOL!

I like Pilgrims Uranus comment and the Made comment.

How about Made by Elves in a Hollow Tree.

;)

18. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Fortunately... I do :D

19. Nobody

Nobody Inactive

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    :D

OOD likes this.
  20. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    I suggest a sticker that reads "Not Of This World". That'll cover it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.