1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thinking about dropping a '62 Fender pup in my Ibby GSR-200.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TUEP, Oct 11, 2010.

1. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    What do you guys think? I have an older 02 passive model. You think it would work out ok? Its a PJ style bass. Not really worried about the J pup since I only use it for flavor.

2. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    I think it's a great idea.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The GSR is a pretty good bass for the money and if that pickup is better than the stock one-and it should be, you should get a better sound. Myself, I'd be a bit more radical and drop in a Basslines Quarter Pounder. I sure like the QPs I've used and still use. It'll be a bigger and fatter sound than the Fender 62. But you may prefer the tamer and more vintage sound of the Fender.

In either case, I'd also put on Thomastic JF 344 flatwound strings and be amazed at what a budget bass can do for very little money put out.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021