Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thinking about getting a 5 string sometime in the next few months...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Staindfan10, May 25, 2001.

1. Staindfan10

Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    I'm no really sure what i want but i have some choices which are:
    Ibanez, BTB405QM, EDB605, EDC705
    and LTD B-205

is there anyone that is extremely better then the other or nething that is a definate no to get? thanx

-Justin

2. Staindfan10, I'm thinking of getting something in the near future too, but, those BTBs - any one of them, have to be heard to be believed. Good electronics, and a low B string second to none.

Mike J.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I agree w/Michael Jewels. The new BTB-405's are awesome!!!!! They have a custom shop look & sound @ an mid level price!!!! I wouldn't be surprized to see more people playing then soon.

4. Staindfan10

Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    i think it is between the btb and the ltd

5. geo?

geo?

Mar 29, 2000
    BTB405s? Are these things so new they aren't even on the Ibanez website? Apparently. Do you guys have any links to information? I've always liked the BTBs (despite those horrible factory strings), but haven't wanted to invest the money.

Do tell!

-geo?

6. Staindfan10

Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    i just went to ibanez.com and they have all new btbs and stuff soo check again dont' got to a favorite typed the name in again.

7. geo?

geo?

Mar 29, 2000
    D'oh. I didn't see the little scroll icons.

My bad.

-geo?

8. I (Being cheap) would reccomend checking out used basses first. I recently bought a 5-string Ibanez EX445, which, even though used, is the nicest bass I have ever played. But if price isnt an issue, go for a newer one. I like Ibanez basses the best, but it's your call.