Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thinking about getting a Spector CR 4 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Casey C., Mar 9, 2001.

1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    you guys seem to like them, any thing that i should look at in particular? anyone have some good pics of them as well?

2. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    No you definitely want a Warwick! Sorry, the Spector guys keep posting in our threads. I couldn't resist. Seriously buy what makes you groove.

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Welcome to talk bass Casey C!!

www.ssdbass.com

that should have all the info you need and many a pretty picture of them.

4. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    ive already seen that site alot, i was just asking for odd pictures that are somewhat hard to find or pictures of you/anybodys own spector. im pretty sold by it, i just need the money for it.

speaking of warwicks, how much would a Corvette jazzman or a streamer jazzman cost at a "discount /lower priced" dealer?

5. Hey, get outta this Spector thread, Warwick boy:D:D:D Just kidding of course.

6. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    hey hey lets not get hostile here :)

7. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Space, why don't you send me your Spector and I'll A/B em myself. Did ya hear Warwick is going to come out with a Korean and Czech line to keep up with Spector. Just Kidding!!!! I'll go back to my own threads now.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hi Casey. I got a couple of pics of Czech Spectors on my bands webpage. They're thumbnails. One is a natural NS-4 CR, & the other is a blueburst NS-4 CR (looks black in the pic) The others that are pictured are American.

9. Welcome Casey,
    There are some pics of my CR Spector fives on my bands site as well. Hopefully I'll be able to update with better pics soon. If you're interested in checking the pics out then click here www.mrdead.com
    BTW, I highly recommend these basses!

10. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    [​IMG]

either that or a 5 string, same color. (if i can find a good price on one)

11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPIONTED!!! That is an awesome color & will be my next color also!!! I want to get an NS-6 XL, but that'll be a long while!!!

12. I agree with Nino!!! I just bought a plum stain 4 string and I really dig that as well. The quality of the figured maple and color stain choices have come a long way since the CR basses first appeared in '95. Today is a great day to buy a Czech Spector. They're getting more and more comparable to the US Spectors. There was a oil stained AAAA grade (no kidding) Czech 4 string that was at a local Spector dealer. That bass sold in 1 day! I wish I had the cash to buy it at the time!!! At least I saw it the day it was at the store (what a treat)!

13. That colour is just GORGEOUS! All these Spector threads are really not helping my Spector GAS, please stop talking about them now. Thank you.:D

My buddy is a Spector dealer and he has a reddish NS-4 CR that I'm really jonesing for, and I've been offered a great deal but I just can't afford it :(. Casey, you will not be disappointed in a Spector, they are fine fine instruments and they've just got that killer sound!

14. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    Now to drive my ass 2hrs to my local spector dealer :D

15. Good luck Casey, I hope you come through!!!