1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thinking about going to Europe for a week after graduation, recommendations?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Holy War, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    Ive already been to England, Germany and Italy. Im thinking I would like to go to Sweden of France but I know theyre expensive as heck and I will be on a SERIOUS budget. Any recommendations out there? Id be there for a week at most

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Everywhere in Europe (at least classical Europe) is about as expensive as everywhere else so there isn't a "cheap" country to visit unless you are thinking of going to like Croatia or some of the newer EU members (like Bulgaria or somewhere like the Czech Republic). However, if you want to go to Europe and only have one week, I would say visit Paris for a week. You can take a day trip up to Normandy and visit the famous WWII sites as well as see a lot of Paris in a week.

Personally if you want somewhere that's more chaep and cool, I would head to the south coast of Croatia and visit Dubrovnik and then travel up the coast from there. Its really beautiful and a very cool place to visit.

3. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    thats what I was thinking. Im a history major and a soon to be Marine Corps Officer. Battlefield sites are a top priority

4. Some countries are noticeably more expensive - Norway and Ireland (particularly Dublin) come to mind.
    If you want battlefield sites, maybe Belgium - plenty of WWI sites around Flanders, and Belgium beer is beyond compare. The Netherlands is also a very friendly country to visit...Amsterdam, Arnhem etc...

5. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    budapest seems like it'd be amazing... and bruges.. just cuz that movies was messed up (in bruges)

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Bruge is worth about 1 days worth of visit. Its nice, but its very small and you see everything in a day.

7. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Amsterdam? :ninja:

8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Dude, screw Bruges, go to Paris, seriously.

Bruges is a reconstructed ****hole.

9. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    i said in my post bruges just because the movie in bruges was so messed up..

10. If you want to have a good holiday listen to mark, it seems he's been everywhere. Plus I think he's secretly my dentist :)

11. me and some friends went to Nice in the south of France last summer. It was awesome, we managed to get a real cool apartment and we even got to go visit monte carlo which was amazing. If you are considering the south of France the guy who we rented our apartment off of has a few apartments in nice and Cannes I think I still have his contact details if you are interested.

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Nice, France, Spain and that whole west coast area. aMaZiNg chicks.