thinking about refinishing my Jackson Kelly

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dukey donkey, Jul 26, 2018.

1. I've got a Jackson Kelly Professional that I'm about to overhaul ( new pickups, pots, maybe an active pre) and I'm changing to all black hardware... I was thinking about refinishing the body in a turquoise metal flake... anyone know a good source for that? Also... if anyone has any example pics of how that might look I'd appreciate it... also-also, any recommendations on a good active pre for a bassist on a budget (I'd appreciate that too)

2. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Metal flake? Send it to Marty Bell

There's lots of good active preamps; all the usual examples come in between $70 and $100 or so. There's cheaper stuff out there, but personally I don't think saving 20 or 30 bucks is as important as well known reliability and quality. Bartolini, Aguilar, Sadowsky, Audere, Delano, etc...... kinda depends on what you're looking for, especially since you're replacing pickups, too.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 23, 2021