Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thinking about Supporting

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PollyBass, Sep 8, 2002.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ok, i said i would be come a supporting member when i had some extra cash. and i do.... i just have some thinga about talkbass i don't like. Ok, Mod's, most of the time, are nice, non-anal guys. But lets just say that one day, they had a bad gig, wife left them cheese weiners got stolen, they desided to go on a rampage? SAVE US FROM THE POWER!!! Maybe if i can just shake this "Daddy with a belt in his hand" Image i have of them. you know, maybe daddy gets a little to much to drink, has a bad night with the wife... so on. But this hasent happened yet, and the mod's are alright guys. so i think i jsut talked myself into becoming a supporting member........ but i'm still scared. you know, this not being a democracy, no free speach, if people say something they don't know about, they get the "SEARCH YOU MORON!" Posts, Someone brings up feildy and they get shut down. i say, if the people wanna talk about whaetver, let them, if it makes YOU mad, then DONT READ THE POSTS. not talkign about mods, just people. let them talk about whoever. just don't partisipate. Thats the only problems i have with it. money in hand......... CAN'T..... LET.....GO.....

PS: for that free shirt, (SWEETNESS) Just send 4 extra bucks for the shipping?

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    That does it, you're fined $20 for taking more than 900 posts to make your mind up!

You can pay your fine here !

;) :p :D :cool: etc...

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Alrighty. i'll do it. the checks in the mail... would i lie to you? weird al song,,,, it was on.. he fir... never mind.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    we go easy on the supporting members*

after all, they pay our checks*!

So we at Talkbass welcome your generous action :)

*not true

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Hey bud,

I can understand your concern. They may seem heavy handed at times... But is it any coincidence that this is the cleanest, most respectable, and most educational bass website around?

Forgive them for being human... no one is perfect. Don't forget that their ultimate objective is talkbass being a good learning evironment, and a fun, but sane place to be too.

Join up. This place is worth it.

6. It could be a LOT worse....it could be the FDP!