Thinking about this since I dont have much money

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ethon, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    I really like the looks of the Epiphone/Gibson Thunderbird IV, but I def. don't have the money for the Gibson.

I DO have enough money for the Epiphone what I was thinking about doing is buying that one right now, and try to find some authentic Gibson Thunderbird PUs.

Or another option would possibly be to put some active EMGs in it...but how hard would it be to route a place for the active electronics, since I've never done that before?

What do you guys think?
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    If you like the Epiphone T-Bird enough to buy one and leave it stock, go ahead and buy one to satisfy you GAS.

Meanwhile, take the money you were going to use for new pickups etc. (which you will never recover), and save it to put towards a real-deal Gibson T-Bird. At the same time, keep saving your pennies until you're close to having enough for the Gibson. When you're very close to having enough money for the Gibson, sell the Epi and buy yourself what you really want.

Another option to keep in mind is the Epiphone Elite Thunderbird bass, which is supposed to have "custom shop constuction", American pickups and electronics, and high-quality hardware.

I hope this helps...