1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thinking hollow body or aeb fretless $1000 & under

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mingusporter, Jul 22, 2012.

1. New to forum. Looking for a fretless Aeb or hollow electric with pup and piezo to compliment my approach to the instrument. In the past I've usually played p or j bases doing funk jazz reggae soul and Latin stuff. I always played the snot out of whatever i had. But there was always something limiting about the actual way the notes moved. I mainly dig on db guys Mingus especially and frofro Cuban guys. Electric guys porter Jr from the meters, and 60s reggae cats. I play aggressively claw style with my thumb and two fingers. I worry that a piezo might be quack prone? Idk looking at the Allen mouse and the kinal kompact but the prices New are unrealistic for me. So i was wondering if anyone had thoughts on any models that might get me in the ballpark decent build decent price. Thought maybe a jack cassidy, an Allen woody rumblekat, or an Italia mondial classic defretted, might be cool but that's intimidating work on a New instrument, and i don't have a spare, sold off all my gear 2 years ago. So this will be my gear... Help and suggestions would be appreciated.

2. robgrow

robgrow Supporting Member

May 1, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
  3. GrowlerBox

GrowlerBox

Feb 10, 2010
    Nude Zealand
    You'll probably have better luck with this on the BG side. However, Epiphone does make a fretless semi-hollow body with a piezo, kind of like the Mouse but cheaper. I think Ed Friedland has a video review of it somewhere.

Oh, and it's Casady :).

Edit: beat me to it, Rob.

4. Casady sorry thanks for the link.