Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thinking i should have bought Dr. Bass not Avatar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Sep 11, 2005.

1. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    I have the original 2x10 delta, ive had it for a year or two and i really love it. But now i want to add a 2x12 neo to it. I want to make my cabs match just so the lock in place and it looks better. But, the dr bass 2x12 is lighter and to me seems better. I really like the tolex and not the carpet fur the avatar have. Arent these two companies the same things speaker wise? Other than that, its just what they use to build the cabs i thought.

Anyone else have this buyers regret about avatar?

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I don't have buyer regret, but I do think Dr.Bass cabs are a little bit better quality then the avatars.

The BL series have 2 1/4 and 2 speakon jacks on the back panel, the avatar's only have 1 speakon.

Also all of the Dr.Bass Cabs weigh 60 pounds or less which is also another plus, the cabs are also smaller than the avatars.

Just my 0.02$

3. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    avatar would not ship to canada;boy am i glad,so i ordered a dr.bass bl 1260 ,these cabs are smaller,lighter than avatar and are covered with polymer coating,best value for the buck :D