1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thinking of adding a 4x10 to my Schro 1212. Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spectorbass83, Apr 7, 2006.

1. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    So I am probably gonna be adding a 4x10 to my Schro 1212 due to volume issues. Ideally, another Schroeder (4x10) would be perfect, but I cannot afford one right now. I plan on spending around 500-600 (Canadian). Are there any 4x10's that would fit nicely on top of a Schro 1212 in my price range? I was looking into the Avatar Neo 4x10 but it is much wider than the Schro and I would not want to place it on top of it..any suggestions guys?

2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I'd hold out for a schro, see if you can find a used 4x10. That with your 1212 would make a killer combo. Jorg himself reccommended that setup to me for a high volume application

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Check out the Yorkville Sound 4-10. You can get the dimensions from their website. It should fit in your price range and it's a decent sounding cab.

4. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I did a quick search and found that the swr Goliath III and a GK sbx 410 are your best bet. Both of em come in at 23'' wide just half an inch shorter than your 1212.

If all else fails go to your nearest GC or bass store and try out as many 410's as you can, BTW I would suggest you take your head+bass+1212 with you if you go and try out other cabs. It will allow you to make an easier decision hearing everything.

Bets of luck.

-Rob

5. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Thanks guys.
    I have not considered the used market for a 2nd Schro..the Schro 4x10 with my 1212 would be my dream! if that cant happen then I will look into Yorkville..I can rent one from my local Long & Mcquade for a day and see how it sounds with the Schro. Never played any SWR stuff..The new stuff is actually rather pricey here in Canada.

6. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

One thing to consider is the extremely efficient design of the 1212 (lots of sound per watt) and what is usually lower SPL for 'less expensive' boxes. You Shroeder might overwhelm the 410.

How about saving your pennies, selling the 1212R and replacing it with a 21012L.... just about the same weight, just a little bigger, and LOTS more boom... or keep your 1212R and buy a second on used... whew, that would be a killer.

Edit: Also remember the 1212 is 4ohms (at least most of them are)... so what the total ohms depending on what head you are using.

7. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Some Good points Kjung...
    Now I have more to consider..no worries about the impendence - My head can safely operate at 2 ohms.

8. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.

+1 for Ken, he's so level headed. :p

9. Slink

Slink

Dec 27, 2005
    I agree with KJUNG add a 1212 or a 1210. That would make a killer rig. Thats what I intend to do, I haven't decided which cab to add.

10. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    there's a schro 1210 on ebay right now.
    the used schro market is likely to get a little livelier with the "L" line coming out.
    There has been a *stoopid* cheap 310212 f/s here for a while.
    I have a 410, and a 1210, and combined it is absolutely decimating. You don't even have to turn up loud at all to produce a really big phat pants flapping tidal wave of tone:)

11. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Where exactly can I locate the TB for sale section with all the great used gear?

12. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine