thinking of buying a 200w Mesa/Boogie

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Berme, May 14, 2001.

1. Berme

May 11, 2001
    This is my first post in this awesome forum. I've learnt a lot thanks to you, J. Oldsted, Pacman and the others! I have played bass for nearly 3 years, and I think it's time to change my old Peavey combo for a Mesa/Boogie 200w. I usually play in small and medium gigs, rock and metal stuff mainly. Any suggestions about models, sound, prices...? Thanks.
  2. TCollins

Apr 4, 2000
    Check out the Buster bass series. They have different configurations that may interest you.
    Check out their website for details, catalogs/price lists, and dealers etc.
    Good luck!
  3. The Buster series has been discontinued, but you may be able to find some pieces for clearance prices. I think someone has some for sale in the classified section.
  4. e me on some boogie deals, ive got busters also
  5. Check out Groovking's Buster 200 15"......I play one and I will be honest with you, your stage volume is relative to your liking, but every gig I have played Buster has pulled it off, and never past 11 o'clock on the master......I recently had some trouble with distortion, but it was because of power supply, not Buster's fault, my switch and power bulb went bad but nothing my retailer could not fix.... It all comes down to this......Buster likes to play at very high volume, don't pi$$ him off play loud.....I think you will be very pleased with his performance...Oh BTW Notduane is also a good rescource on this topic....
  6. ive got a new 2x10 wedge i might let go, not sure id let the 1x15 go.........
  7. Sorry, my mistake, but I may be buying a 2x10 extension for the 15" so either way if it has a Buster head it rocks.....
  8. CHRISTOS,......wasup? know ive got the same setup and ive got a 2x10 diesel cab also. im apprehensive of the sound as i like the 15 on the bottom to move the floor, (although i never thought of putting the 2x10 cab on top of the 15 buster combo,....ooooooo)......not the 2x10 on the floor. ive got a 1x15 diesel cab which is a better match id say .........but as you know all this is subjective, maybe ill mix and match some stuff tomorrow.......rock on
  9. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    ...Huh? Oh! Thanx dude! :) Tell the truth, most o'
    winter I played my B-15 flip-top. See, I normally
    run the Buster head I got through an SWR Big Ben
    1x18". Most times, I gotta' pop a couple windows
    open to equalize the pressure :p . So you see, with
    winter and all. that summer's comin'...

Seriously though, I still cain't get over how tight
    the Buster is for an all-tube head, while still pumpin'-
    out that warm tone. And what with the Ben's Bag-
    End 18" havin' such a quick response it's own self...
    a harmonious match :).

Christos, case ya' didn't get an "owner's manual"
    with yours, here's a link to a PDF one at the M/B site :D .
    Hell. I was lucky to get the footswitch with mine...
    "Yo Goober! Li'l black & silver box about yea big?
    Looks like a dimmer switch stuck in the top?...:rolleyes:
  10. I don't know what a buster sells for ..but my nod goes to the m-pulse 600..2 rack spaces,600w,tube pre-amp,5 band semi-parametric eq,compressor(w\threshold and ratio controlls)and sells for around $1300(US) complete w\footswitch...maybe more than you need,but thats what the volume knob is for...I also heard that the buster is quite heavy..the m-pulse is VERY light(mines mounted in a skb rack)which is good because my rd.rdy cabs(2x15 and2x10) weigh a ton..if you already have cabs I highly reccomend checking this amp out.BTW the buster is a very good choice,I tryed one out and was blown away by that little giant but I needed more power(and I'm afarid of tubes..too delecate for my brutish ways..and less than smart roadies;)
  11. Berme

May 11, 2001
    i think m-pulse 600 is too much for me, but this gives me a new idea. does anybody out there know anything of a combo version of the m-pulse 360 and how much would it cost?
  12. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Here's somethin' from the M/B site / M-pulse 360 page...
    Here's their contact info. Maybe ask `em..."when & how much?" :)

• We are open 9:00am-5:00 pm Pacific Time,
      Monday through Thursday.

Phone 707-778-6565 FAX 707-765-1503

1317 Ross St.
      Petaluma, California
      94954 USA
  13. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    the M-Pulse 600 retails (according to Bass Player) for 1300..I'm sure you could find it, street price ~ 910-975 + shipping or tax, blah blah blah. This info might be wrong, as Bass Player has been known to futz up some times, but call around..I'm looking at trying a M-pulse myself :)

14. DRCola...I just got mine 3 weeks ago, and every time I plug in I'm blown away...the semi para eq is unbelieveable,capable of goin down to 30hz(BE CAREFUL with this controll)it can do some real damage,not only to yer speakers but your internal organs..and I find the compressor more flexable than the one on the bassis m2000.if boggie's are yer bag,I think you'll like it:)...btw I can't find my recipt,but I paid around 1300 after taxes,the rack,and a few new cables..but worth every penny as far as I'm concerned
  15. Nah, Mesa doesn't play the list price games like everyone else. If they say it retails for 1300, you'll most likely end up paying 1300, unless someone at the store really likes you.
  16. Yeah, and even if someone at the store really likes you, they have to be in good with the boss, because if you get caught discounting Boogie, you can loose the line....
    Exhibit A..."Sam Ash"
  17. Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    Justin Chancellor,bassit for tool, uses mesa/boogies. he kicks a lot of asss
  18. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Hm, well thats very strange, as I know most music stores discount 20-30% off List Price. Would this be because Mesa's whole sale is really expensive?