1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thinking of buying a RBX170 EW

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BMfrank, Feb 11, 2013.

1. BMfrank

BMfrank

Feb 11, 2013
    Ok, im lookin at getting a new bass to sup up and get a decent tone out of it. Yamaha of course is a high rating brand and trust them, my first original bass was a 5 string model not sure which one though looked maybe 90's era but i got it for about 300 bucks at a pawn shop and loved the thing. but as of now ive been using a vintage japanese made epiphone ET-280 with the fender designed head stock, it has its kinks though,the neck pick up went out and when the tech i took it too opened it up the copper just frizzed up instantly explaining the issue. not only that the truss rod adjustment nut broke :/ im trying to decide if this bass would be worth just getting a new neck to replace the old one and replacing the neck pickup or just starting over with rbx 170 mango top model to instead maybe have that fixed up to be cleaned up clear toned bass. any wise bass guru's who have some input? BTW the sortve tone i want is that fat claypool tone, i know he uses a piccolo bass but would i be able to get me to a tone at least somewhere around that for one of these basses . (At a good price too) lol

2. Punctuation and paragraphing is a wonderful invention. IMO.

If it has so many issues that it will cost a bomb and still sound like trash, the Yamaha is the way to go. Good sound and quality, you can't go wrong.

3. BMfrank

BMfrank

Feb 11, 2013
    Yamaha you say? So electronics wise what would you recommend ?