Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

thinking of buying

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bloodandwhiskey, Jan 5, 2004.

1. I'm thinking of getting a yorkville 4x10 cab.(sorry i could find the model on their site) and a ampeg head(once again could find the model name of the head, but i'm preatty sure its there lowest price head for bass amps). and was wonder if i could get some feedback on how good a set up this would be. i'm looking fro something to use for concerts at small bars and clubs

2. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Why not consider the Yorkville 400BH with the 4x10 cab? Grab a SansAmp, tweak it to the SVT settings, and you are good to go. Yorkville 400BH are built like tanks and are very powerful.

I run the Yorkville 400BH into an Ampeg Classic 410HlN, through a SansAmp and have a great sounding, very loud rig.
    Got the head for $450 used, the cab for $900 new, and the SA for $300 new. That's what, $1650 CDN? How much is the Ampeg head CDN? Probably $1000+ brand new.

You could probably pick up the Yorkville 4x10 cheaper than $900, and I'll bet the Yorkie head is more powerful than the bottom-line Ampeg.

Just my $0.02.

3. thanks for the advice. the 4x10 was on sale for $650cdn and the head was $400cdn both new. so you mgith be talking about a different model

4. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    An Ampeg head new for $400 CDN? Wow...what model is it, do you know?

5. ok the head is a ampeg B-5R(if i'm not mistaken) and the cab is a yorkville XC410