1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thinking of Carvin TXB kit

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eastcoasteddie, Jan 2, 2007.

1. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie Supporting Member

Since I have way too many hobbies and have to commit to each of them equally, I don't have too much money to spend on them.
    This brings me to my idea for a fretless 5-string. The Carvin TXB kit caught my eye, because you can pretty much give it your own styling and choose from many options.

So my questions are:
    How do these Carvin j-99 passive/active pickups sound?
    Is there much sound difference between an Alder and Swamp-ash body? I know swamp ash is a bit heavier wood...
    and since I'm tired of flashy/glossy finishes, I will opt for the "Durable Black Textured Finish" ...that should be HOT!

I hear that the quality of these kits are awesome, great attention to fittment as their custom basses.

Any thoughts?

2. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i've heard good things about J99s. i wouldn't really know myself since i have H50Ns in my Carvin.