1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

thinking of getting a Behringer pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kevmc28, Mar 7, 2008.

1. kevmc28

kevmc28

Feb 28, 2008
    Somerset, NJ, USA
    Well, bass box, more than a pedal... V Tone bass amp simulator. I have a Peavey TKO 65 combo. I read on Harmony Central that the Behringer pedal is good for that. Anyone have any experience with it?

2. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    You mean the BDI21? If so, I have one and for the price, it compares favorably to the SansAmp. Warms up your sound ala tube amp like an SVT. I recommend it.

3. kevmc28

kevmc28

Feb 28, 2008
    Somerset, NJ, USA
    Thanks, Jgroh. That's the one. 30-35 bucks, not too bad. I just wanted to make sure it doesn't suck.

4. I considered getting one of their Vintage Distortion boxes because I figured I could mod it to be more like a good BMP, Pickle, Tonebender etc. Then I decided that by the time I replaced the pots, the jacks, the switch and most of the internal components, I might as well just use a GGG kit... If I ever see one on the bay for like $10 though I'm on it.

5. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    I'd buy Ashdown or Ampeg myself.

6. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    +1 on the BDI21 - I love mine and it is an always-on pedal for me.

7. ChocolateTV

ChocolateTV

Sep 23, 2006
    BDI21 definitely worth every penny (or cent!) of the tiny asking price!

8. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    There's this homeless guy that sets up a little yard sale on my block. He sells things he finds, like single sneakers and ripped up shirts, for like $.50 to $1. As cheap as it is, he'll never get any of my money for the crap he sells, and neither will Behringer.