Thinking of getting an 8x10,,, talk me into it,, or talk me out of it ;)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davyo, Apr 29, 2012.

1. I completely agree, I hear people say that a pair of 4x10s are more portable and more modular, but I can never imagine not wanting to use them both; if it's a quieter gig, I can always turn down, less cabinets are not the only way to do that. Although more importantly, I spent a year of weekly gigging hauling an Ashdown ABM rig in decent roadcases, and while I like the protection, I never want to have to do it again. I would much rather have a bit of extra bulk to deal with than have to be lifting cabs into cars, onto stages, and onto each other week after week. For me, tilt-and-slide with an 8x10 beats lift-and-carry with even one 4x10 every time.

2. i'd get a really nice DI, then some really nice in-ears... you can have the sounds of an 810 in your head and sweet tone all in a 10 pound package.

3. Amazing rig you have love it !!!

4. worshiprocker

worshiprocker Tonepump Junkie

Aug 12, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Do you guys not have roadies? lol.... a $5 beer is all it takes to get your gear hauled and loaded into your vehicle by one of your fans.

To the OP congrats on your GK purchase. I think we all have done the buy it, return it routine.

Bottom line is everyone is happy with different rigs. Personally my 2 410 GK stack has taken a back seat to my SVT 810. and honestly I'm soo spent after a show I don't want to move ANY cabs.. lol

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    No thanks - 1st off, I've yet to experience any buds that will sound as good as my rig... 2nd - what about the guy that plays with different bands, or does fill-in work??? - you can't always be sure that there will be a mix available for your IEMs in every situation... Lastly - in most situations, you're depending on someone else to give you the mix you need to get your job done - again, no thanks...

I get that many people like IEMs, but they're definitely not for everyone...

- georgestrings

6. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    Thanks, bud - it really is a pleasure to play thru...

- georgestrings

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021