Thinking of Getting Rid of all my effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Matt Till, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Except my Digitech Jamman ;)

OK, I'm getting sick of the clutter. I don't have the lust for pedals I use to, but I'd like a multi effects processor that is good enough to cover everything. My question is, how much are my pedals worth used?

Crybaby Bass Wah
    Rat II Distortion
    DigiTech XBW Bass Synth Wah
    Boss Phase Shifter
    Bad Dog Chorus w/a busted knob :( Superglued very soon
    Boss ODB-3
    Some Misc DOD guitar wah/volume
    Boss Me-6b (Multi Effects Processor)

Really, all I want is a good chorus sound, a decent wah sound, and DELAY being the most important... and compression. I'd be willing to straight up trade all those effects for a multi effects processor. I know I have the Me-6b, but it has a weak chorus sound, and the compression is a little noisy, and I'd prefer a longer than 1 second delay setting.

So my main points are:

- How much are my pedals worth used, all of 'em?
    - What is a decent multi mainly focused on chorus, DELAY, wah and compression?-
    - Has anyone else just got sick of the clutter of single pedals?
    - Wanna trade? ;)

I figure if I can't find anyone to trade for a mult effects unit (decent one), I'll probably sell my pedals.
  2. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    FWIW, I have a DigiTech BNX 3, where the compressor's pretty good and versatile, the delay you can tap, but I don't use chorus so I wouldn't be able to give you a good comparison.

You could probably get a decent amount of money for your pedals.

But as far as getting a really good multiprocessor, I heard that Boss is the way to go.
  3. uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Totally understand your decision Matt. I've spent a year or so to find -> THE <- overdrive sound, tried splitting the signal up in 2 and all other ****nitz.

Came to realize that I don't really need all my pedals with the band i'm playing with at the moment, so kinda scaled my rig down to:

Bass -> Compressor -> homemade gain boost -> modded Bd-2 (for when guitarist is soloing and doing lead stuff) -> preamp -> amp

And that works just nice! I found that laying that deep, mofo-lowmid-bottom in the band is way, way more cool than trying to be a mr. commerford-alike weirdo ;)
  4. I'll give you $10 for all of them. You can pay shipping :ninja:
  5. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i'm going through the same thing at the moment. the only thing i am keeping is my compressor. i dont have any problems with any of my pedals, i just never use them.

have you played with the GT-6B at all? my drummer has one and i play through it every now and then. almost all of the sounds need to be tweaked up front to be useable but i like what i have heard from that box so far. i dont know about it's delay capabilities though.
  6. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I know you said you hated the clutter, but if all you want/need are chorus, delay, comp and wah, I'd stay with individuals pedals.

I have gone back and forth on this and like you, I don't use many effects. Actually, I use diffeent ones for different gigs. Rock is fairly simple, while smooth jazz might mean everything (chorus, delay, comp) I have.

I tried to like the multi units from Line6, Boss, etc., but I always seem to go back to individual pedals.
  7. jamesblue

jamesblue Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Central Maryland
    I'd put them on E-bay and see what you get. I got $50 for my ODB3 2yrs ago. The Ratt is worth good dollars.

I've heard good things about the new Zoom multi eff boxes, they have a USB 2.0 in them so you can record onto your computer. If you don't have DAW softward there is good starter freeware out there.
  8. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
  9. actually a BNX3 might be a good idea, doesn't that have a small 8 track recorder built in? then you have everything you want in one package...otherwise another multiFX rackmount you might want to look into is the Lexicon MPX G2...its got some really cool effects, and even a built-in jamman (the lexicon one, not that cheap digitech one you have ;) )