1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thinking of getting something new...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Murph_Orpheus, Apr 15, 2010.

1. I'm selling my Genz Benz 1200 and looking for something new, possibly something that has more lows and more grit. Was thinking of a GK 1001rb or the 2001, but I don't know if I'd need that much power really. Any suggestions folks? :)

2. SWR. Or a Sunn. Both produce great lows.

I have some for sale if interested :D PM me!

3. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I see in your profile you've been GASing for an Ampeg SVT 2Pro - I just picked one up myself and it has big lows and lots of grit. If you are a fan of Ampeg tube sounds, then honestly the GK may not be for you. I had purchased a GK Fusion 550, but returned it within the 30 day return policy in favour of the Ampeg. The GK had MASSIVE lows - more than any other amp I can remember trying. Had a lot of growl, too - I have a hard time characterizing it as grit, but definitely has its own voice. Lots of folks love them. I guess I'm just not one.

For me, that SVT tone is pure magic. Very heavy and maintenance to deal with (I bought mine used with some apparent issues I'm working through).