1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thinking of going back to passive pu's

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pbass2go, Sep 30, 2008.

1. pbass2go

pbass2go

Dec 19, 2004
    Apple Valley, MN
    I have had active EMG’s in my ’57 Am Vintage p-bass for several years now and I have loved them for all the rock/blues stuff I have been doing. I also have a Badass bridge on it for a long time also.

I recently went to flats (Chromes) on it for the bands that I have been playing with lately. Because of that, I am considering putting passive p/u’s in again for a more vintage tone, and maybe putting a more traditional bridge on it. I am looking for suggestions.

I have a couple of old split-P pick-ups in my box o’stuff. I have a set of 1/4lb Seymour Duncan and another set of Duncan SPB-1 “vintage”. I also have the original p/u’s that came with the bass in ’84. The only ones that will go back into the bass right now are the SPB-1’s because I have broken leads on the other two. I also have the original 250k pots and with the orange drop cap.

Any suggestions that won’t break the bank would be appreciated.

I still have the original Fender Bridge. Would it be worth going back to that or should I stay with the Badass? Are there any other bridges worth looking at? I recently got a tour of the Hipshot factory in NY and thought about one of their bridges, but I have not heard any feedback on them yet.

Thanks in advance...

:bassist::bassist::help::bassist: