1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

thinking of going full passive on an ns-2a

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ihateusernames, Apr 13, 2010.

1. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    yep, thinking about it. it's wearing active emg p/j set now, and i love it. then i'm curious - what about the stock pickups with passive tone controls? or stock pickups with active/stock switchable, or what about throwing the reverend p in there......

thoughts? i'm not really going for anything in particular, just curious what to expect, if anything, for the efforts...

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    If you love the emg active pups your not liekly to like other pups as much. EMG has trademark sound as it where that no one else does as well. You'll chyange the sound with other brand pups and probably not like as much since you live the active emg's. They are about the best choice for heavy metal and other more extreme type musics imo,

3. IMO, you can't improve on what it has.