Thinking of installing a Dimarzio Model One pickup in my G&L L2000 Tribute...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Doner Designs

Doner Designs Steve Doner Gold Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Metro Chicago Area
    Doner Designs is an alias for Steve Doner
    I have an Artec mudbucker in a couple of basses and really like what it adds...especially on a J bass. The P with a far neck mudbucker or Model One is more traditional, but I think it works better on a bass with a bridge pickup like a J or a Stingray or a G&L.

I think the structural thing is nothing to worry about if you are careful. I have heard of it being done to a Ric and those are really thin bodies.

Fyi, I have mine wired with a 3 way switch with the neck/middle J pickup. Works nice since I usually solo the middle or use the bridge with the far neck (and the middle off).

Let us know how it turns out!

2. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    My mudbucker on a homemade bass, fairly close to the neck.

https://www.box.com/shared/static/j3ak6p1nnn.mp3

sounds like a giant pipe organ to me. :D don't worry if the poles don't line up exactly. As long as you are up against the neck, they will be close enough.

3. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Sounds great! Thanks for the link!

4. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I'm thinking I might just do this because then I could have the front bridge pup coil matched with the Will Power neck pup for some old school grooves.

How close does the Will Power or Model One sound to this bass?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021