1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thinking of trading my Dr. Q straight up for a Big Muff Pi

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by COOL AND DEADLY, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Is this a bad move? I never use the Dr. Q, it doesn't respond to my flatwounds very well and I have two other envelope filters

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If you despise the sound of the Muff, then it's a bad move. Otherwise, it's fine.

3. Do you despise the sound of it? Also I should add it's the older metal Dr. Q and the Soviet tank green Muff

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I don't have strong feelings about the Muff, and we may have different tastes anyway. My point was that the only way the deal would be "bad" is if you already had strong negative feelings.

5. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Those Sovtek green muffs are kinda collectable.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I've got a thing for Big Muffs. I think I have 5 or 6 right now.

6. Yeah, I'm gonna pull the trigger on it, I was checking it out on Ebay, it seems like a good swap. Thanks for the input, guys!

7. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    Do it I love my green tank muff post a pic when you get it. I think I might have one of the cleanest green russian big muffs on tb. Mine also came with the original box.

8. dgunns

dgunns

Oct 11, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I have a bass big muff pi and freaking love it! I say go for it.

9. GrooveRonin

GrooveRonin

Nov 20, 2011
    get that muff!!!! just kidding kinda. if you need a fuzz theres a gem.