1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thinking of trying to build my first cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spaz21387, Sep 6, 2008.

1. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    So I want to build a 2x10 cab. So can you guys link me to threads where It talks about wiring the speakers and how to wire the speakers to the jack. And then how to tune the ports. Or maybe I should just make a sealed cab. And what would be the best material to use.

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

You might consider billfitzmaurice.com and look at the Omni 10.

It's a fairly easy build, already tuned with suggested speakers.

3. John123z

John123z

Jul 7, 2006
    Hershey, PA
    I have to agree with Rick. I built and Omni 10.5 and I'm super happy with it.

John

4. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    I liked what I saw with the bfm omni 10 cab. I think I will do that. How good are the instructions they give you do they also tell you how to wire the cab and recomend what tweeters you should use? And I would like to see the cabs you guys built, I think they showed those cabs from the back in the pictures of the site. I could be wrong though.

5. John123z

John123z

Jul 7, 2006
    Hershey, PA
    Excellent instructions, everything is covered. Plus there is a whole forum of people willing to help you over on the BFM site. I like 10.5's because they are small and portable. But, it's a lot easier to build one Omni 10 than it is to build (2) 10.5's.

Here is a picture of my 10.5
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/J123z_2006/BFMOmni/OmniFinal.jpg

6. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    that cab looks great. I think this settles it Im going to build a omni cab. Only one last question where can you buy the tweeters?

7. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

A good place to buy parts (including tweeters) is speakerhardware.com. Leland Crooks, owner, is on the BFM forum. He's built lots of BFM cabs.

I bought my Eminence 3015LF and 8" mid driver from him. He also sells complete kits where all you need is the plans and the wood.