1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Thinking off (tc e bh550 , 800)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by himluis1, May 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    i currently own a tc electronic bh250 n a rumble v3 200w head ... i love the tone , sound of both ... i just need a bit more watts at least 350 to 500 i own a pair of 1x12 cabs and i know watts dont equal more volume or loudness but i have tested everything before coming to the conclusion that i probably need about 100-150 more watts and probably will later in the near future get a different set of cabs too ... i was thinking upgrading to either the bh550 , bh800 or rumble 500 ... any experiences out there , inputs or opinions are welcome !!! thanks

2. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    I used to own the own the BH250 and then also purchased the BH800 about a year and a half ago. I noticed right away the increase in headroom and volume. The toneprints even sounded a little different (better) due to the increase in headroom, I believe. I had no intention of selling the BH250, but in time I found that I really wasn't using it as I was using the BH800 more. I though I might end up missing the BH250, but I don't. It was a very good amp but the BH800 does everything the 250 did and more.

himluis1 likes this.
  3. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    thanks for the good info ...
    what cabs your using ???

4. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    I'm using either:

2 TC Electronic K212's
    2 TC Electronic RS210's
    1 4 ohm GK NEO 410

All of them sound great with the BH800. Actually they all sound great with any of my amps to be honest.

himluis1 likes this.
  5. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    i currently have a pair of rumble 1x12 , they are rated at 250w 8ohms , but i can really find 8ohms rating for any tc amp lol
    so if i do get the bh800 ill probably have to get either k212 or k210 ...

6. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    It all depends on how loud you need to be? You could get by with the BH800 and both Rumble 112's, but only you know how loud you need to be. 2 K212's or 2 K210's would be great, but if you can't afford them you could try the BH550 instead. That will still be more headroom and volume than what you have right now.

himluis1 likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021