1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thinking on building my pedal board, chime in give me your opinions!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Sep 22, 2008.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao EspaƱa
    Well lately ive been doing my homework and decided to get some dedicated fx instead of my ampworks and getting a new dist pedal because my ibby PD-7 doesnt get me anywhere near i want.

So my setup would consist in:

-Tech 21 bass VT: i like really light distortion tube like not that agresive PD-7 kind.

-EHX micro POG: awsome! i hate the octaver in my ampworks its really faulty...

-EHX Q-tron: i dont know if i want the plus the classic or the micro. The plus is my favorite mostly cos it has more knobs! but other than that i dno wich is actually the right one.

-Korg pitch black tunner: WoW its black!

Any thoughts, comments, recomendations?

2. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    The Q-Tron+ has its own effects loop, that's the main selling point. If you're not using any effects prior to the filter that flatten the dynamics of your playing (fuzz is the usual culprit, but compressors and some synth pedals can cause similar issues) then you probably won't have much use for the loop.

I think the VT sounds really cool, good choice. Not sure about the Micro POG - I think functionally it's great but I could never get friendly with the sound. A lot of other people here like it though.