thinking on changing the pick up on my 73 P Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Abluesbassist, May 31, 2005.

1. so heres what i'm thinking ... i have a 73 pbass ( all original) and want a clearer tone out of it. i also has a P bass pickup that was built in the lane poor factory by one of the techs that is like 5 times hotter than the stock LP p bass pick up. it sounded great in an american p i had but had to sell the bass. so what do you guys think should i give it a try of just leave it be.

2. Yes! leave it be, The P Bass as a uneeque sound and the change it would be a crime. If you want a clearer tone find a differate bass, don't change that P bass

3. Yes! leave it be, The P Bass as a uneque sound and the change it, would be a crime. If you want a clearer tone, find a differate bass, don't change that P bass

4. Yes! leave it be, The P Bass as a uneque sound and to change it, would be a crime. If you want a clearer tone, find a differate bass, don't change that P bass

5. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    If you want to retain that vintage vibe but enhance clarity, Lindy Fralin is a good choice. I'm sure others (Nordstrands come to mind) are great too, but I've heard the Fralin P and it's fantastic. Just ordered a set of his Split Jazz pickups for my 2003 J.