Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thinning the Heard!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jaxlaw, Oct 21, 2004.

1. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    :crying: Unfortunately circumstances have forced me to have to thin out my collection. I have several 4 strings for sale that I wanted to offer to the Talk Bass Community before I E-Bayed them. Pictures are avialable of all the instruments and if you are in Central Florida you can actually come see and play them. No trades Please. The Basses are:

1. (2002) MIA Fender Jazz (Serial# Z0281230) Aqua Blue - Great condition w/out case $750.00

2. Godin A4 Fretless (Serial# 00134251) w/case - Great Bass Great Condition rarely used. $750.00

3. Gibson era Tobias Growler (Serial # 7508) bought it used and it has a few scartches and dents (Bart Pickup and Pre Amp) - love iut though and of the 4's it is my favorite - Please give me a reason not to sell this one $550.00 w/out case.

4. 2 Month old Schecter Diamond Elite 4 EMG Pup's - neck through showroom condition w/out case $450.00.

If interested contact me by e-mail jsweeting@earthlink.net. This is traumatic enough so if your not serious let it go!

2. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    Ok Given the tremendous response that I have received, I am reducing the price on the Basses. The Made in America Fender Jazz can now be yours for $650.00. The Made in Canada Goodin is also reduced to $650.00. The Tobias stays at $550.00. The Schecter has been sold. Come on Y'all get them while they are hot

3. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    Here is a picture of the Fender Jazz. It's going for $650.00. More pictures are available at jsweeting@earthlink.net.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Wow...if only I had $650 :(.

Ray

5. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    Bro I wish you had $650.00 as well! Look I would really like this base to go to someone in this community. BTW if you don't like the painted pickguard I have a plain black one - Pictures of the Godin are comming. Make me an offer people.

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I actually like the pickguard, and think you should sell me that, and put the other one back on the bass :p.

Ray

7. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    Last chance - price reduced the American Fender can now be had for $600.00 U.S. + shipping. (see the picture in the above post) The Godin A4 Fretless is reduced to $600.00 as well. I'll let the Tobias go for $450.00. (pictures of the Godin and the Tobias will be posted as soon as I can figure out how to edit them to reduce file size) I'll have to make a move on these by Thursday night (got to pay the Mortgagae on the 1st) so If your fence sitting come on and get them - cause I won't be selling them after that! :hyper:

8. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    Since it seems necessary to sweeten the deal I'll throw in a strap and a Pick to thed person who purchases either the Fender or Godin. Can't beat that now can you!

9. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    Ok, how about this $550.00 for the American Jazz + shipping - $550.00 for the Godin + shipping $400.00 for the Tobias + shipping. You guys are hurting me now End My Pain!!

10. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    :help: The good news is that it looks like a sale is pending on the Godin A4. This beautifull fretless look like it's heading to a lovely new home. I am glad that someone on this list is getting it - because I know they will appreciate it - like I did. Who knows one day I may even be able to bid to get it back.

The Bad news is that the Fender and Tobias still await adoption. I know that there is a home for them out their somewhere!

11. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    The Godin is gone the Jazz is spoken for $550.00 for an American Jazz - what a deal - that leaves the Tobias - price on that now slashed to $325 + shipping to get the last of my 4's no case but a great bass (addmittedly some niks) single Bart soapbar and preamp - Asymetrical neck - Plays great feels great. Somebody jump on this Pleaaase!

12. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    What finish does the godin have?

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Godins gone ^^ :(

14. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I just noticed.

15. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    I'll e-mail pictures to anyone who's interested in seeing the basses - The Godin just shipped to Ireland - the Fender is spoken for leaves the Tobias - but if you want to see a perrty Fender, Godin or Tobias just e-mail me and I'll send you the pictures jsweeeting@earthlink.net

16. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'm tempted to get the Tobias. I'm spending a good hunk of change for a Conklin G7-7, but I could afford it by the beginning of december :smug:

17. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    please send pics of the tobias to Saw@iquest.net, sorry i didn't email u but i'm at school. I may be interested but it depends on the sale of my washburn on ebay.

18. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    PM set via e-mail on the Tobias ...

19. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    My previous computer crashed the night of 11/04/04. All of you that askede for pictures of the Tobias. I would have sent them to you but have had no computer access until today. Anyone interested that is still wantingpictures - please e-mail me at jsweeting@earthlink.net.