1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Thinning the Herd! (Rick, Stingray, and Fretless Essex)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jonesn4bass, Nov 12, 2018.

1. jonesn4bass

jonesn4bass Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Granville, Ma
    Price:
    $300-$1650
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    I’ve got a handful of basses that I am not using and am looking to move on to a better home.

Rickenbacker 4003W
    Bathroom Scale: 8.0
    Mint condition. I bought this brand new a few months ago. Turns out, I'm not really a Rick guy. I've played it less than 10 hours and it is in brand new condition. Comes with OHSC and all case candy. $1650 SOLD

Ernie Ball MusicMan Stingray5
    Bathroom Scale: 9.5
    I've never seen another with this "Medallion Gold" finish before. I talked to EB and was told the color was discontinued in the early 2000's. This bass was produced on Jan. 14th 2000 and I am the original owner. It was my main gigging bass for over a decade and has the bumps and bruises to prove it. I did send it back to the factory and thoroughly checked out not that long ago and they gave it a clean bill of health. $1000 I'm hanging onto this for now unless the right local trade comes along.

SX Fretless 5-String
    Bathroom Scale: 9.5
    I'm the second owner of this one and it has seen very little use in my 8 years with it. Between the previous TBer and me it has received many nice upgrades and sounds amazing. It has Bartolini Pickups, Audere Audio JZ3 preamp, generic high-mass bridge, and Dunlop strap locks installed. It has been used very little by me, but has been played with roundwounds and has a little evidence of such on the fretboard - nothing that impacts playing. It also had a couple different string trees installed at one point, neither are on there now so there are a couple small holes visible on the headstock. Lastly, I CitrusStripped the neck and gave it a nice tung oil and wax finish. $300 OBO

I would prefer local deals if possilbe and am willing to drive a pretty reasonable distance to make that happen. Shipping appears to be around $65 for the lower 48.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    bobunit likes this.
  2. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I'm curious about the ric. where in ma are you?

3. jonesn4bass

Jun 2, 2009
    Granville, Ma
    Granville MA. About 25 minutes outside of Springfield.

4. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Hi - curious about the SX fretless, I'd like to pick up a not too expensive fretless just to play around with it. what do you mean by I CitrusStripped the neck and gave it a nice tung oil and wax finish. I'm not familiar with that process. I've also sent this via PM. Thx.

5. jonesn4bass

Jun 2, 2009
    Granville, Ma
    Replied!

6. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    I think the "Medallion Gold" was called Trans Gold in those days. I think they still have the name but the colour is different, more honey-amber now.

7. jonesn4bass

Jun 2, 2009
    Granville, Ma
    Thanks for the info! I really don’t know for sure. I was just passing along the info as provided by a rep. Cheers!

Root 5 likes this.
  8. jonesn4bass

Jun 2, 2009
    Granville, Ma
    Shipping option added! These are also now listed on Reverb and Craigslist.

9. jonesn4bass

Jun 2, 2009
    Granville, Ma
    Rick is Sold.