Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This a good amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ((ZASDER)), Mar 7, 2005.

1. ((ZASDER))

((ZASDER))

Feb 26, 2005
    Buffalo NY
  2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Get an Ashdown.

3. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    Give us some more info if you could, like whats your budget, are you taking recomendations, do you need a combo, what style of music do you play, do you have a five string or detune a 4 string...

4. ((ZASDER))

((ZASDER))

Feb 26, 2005
    Buffalo NY
    I have around 1500$

I play a 4 string Fender P and right now I have a 50 dollar behringer amp...

Ill be playing rock and maybe some jazz in the future.

5. Well, if you don't have any back issues, I guess it might do it for you....
    But I think the idea of a 410 combo is pretty silly.

6. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I'd stay away from any hartke speakers other than the xl series personally. For the amount of money you said you were looking to spend you could get a 410 XL and a HA3500 (both brand new) and still have oodles of $ left over.

7. ((ZASDER))

((ZASDER))

Feb 26, 2005
    Buffalo NY
    Im new to thw whole musician thing so who makes those amps?

410 XL and a HA3500

8. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    still hartke, buts its a better line than what your looking at

9. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Yep hartke, same idea as that combo you were asking about with a nicer cabinet.

The cheapest I have found Hartke stuff is at www.bestpriceguitar.com
    I'm not affiliated with them, just don't see the point in blowing more money than you have to.

What style of music are you playing? Are you needing a better practice amp or looking for a gigging amp?

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That's that way to go. If you get a separate amplifier and cabinet, you can really mix up the combinations of speakers you use with it.

11. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
  12. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Close

that cabinet

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=35&brandID=3

and this head

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=16&brandID=3

Hartke seems to be re-releasing their 3500 head with a new front face on it. From all the specs that appears to be the only difference in the newer HA3500A and the HA3500 (well that and the new HA3500A is more money).

Then again on paper there is not a difference in the old Hartke 3500 MOSFET's and the HA3500's either, and I can vouch from past experience that there is a marked difference. If you can try both at the same time, do that. Who knows maybe Hartke realized they screwed up when they quit making the MOSFET and have gone back to it, although I sincerely doubt it.

13. ((ZASDER))

((ZASDER))

Feb 26, 2005
    Buffalo NY
    Now lets say I buy the Hartake Head...Can I put a different brand cab on it or does it have to be a hartake...

14. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Nope, no, nunca, never :) (it does not have to be a hartake)

15. ((ZASDER))

((ZASDER))

Feb 26, 2005
    Buffalo NY
    Alright cool..Ill just buy a head and steal my brothers cabs that are sitting in his closet collecting dust.

16. Finally a thread where I can give help! Got to hurry up before someone beats me for it. :smug:

No, it doesn't have to be a Hartke Cabinet. You can use whatever brand you wanna use. I've heard Avatar are good for the money.My experience is that the Hartke HA3500 with only a 8 ohm cabinet isn' very powerful. You probably want two 8 ohms, or one 4 ohm -to get all the 350 watts out of your amp.

17. ((ZASDER))

((ZASDER))

Feb 26, 2005
    Buffalo NY
    How many cabs can a Head hold?

Like can I put 2 or more Cabs on one head?

18. do you have to get hartke?

19. ((ZASDER))

((ZASDER))

Feb 26, 2005
    Buffalo NY
    No..I can get anything under 1500