Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This a good compressor and where do I put it???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BigBohn, Oct 12, 2001.

1. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    I was thinking about the Behringer Composer Pro MDX2200. I've been looking at BBEs,(which I think do a totally different thing than a compressor), and the dbx. I heard that the Behringer are best suited for a hi-fi sound I'm trying to get with my Ampeg SVP-PRO or SVP-BSP, Carvin DCM1500, and SWR Megoliath. I'm totally new at all this and can someone comment on this piece of equipment?

I've read reviews about it and ppl say its great for bass, and its easy to use, yet very professional quality. I'd only be playing live stuff, no recording probably. I also chose it cuz its 2 channel, which I might do eventually.

Also where would I put it? in the preamps effects loop or infront or behind of the preamp, where? Thanks

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    i think it goes after the preamp, but then again I have no idea :D

check out the dbx 160A compressor. before you decide on what to get. thats the favorite compressor around TalkBass.

www.dbxpro.com

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    by the way, this does not belong in the setup forum. this is for bass setup, like truss rod and whatnot.

I move that name of this forum be changed to avoid further confusion. who's with me?

4. Errmm did you not read the thread at the top of the Setup forum: "Newbies/ppl who don't understand "setup" please read before posting"

Yes Lo-end, this will be moved. As it involves compressors and effects loops, i'm exporting it over to Effects.

Merls.

5. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    ok, sorry

6. ahpook

ahpook

Jul 13, 2001
    the comp should go in the effects loop between the pre and power amps

7. Wow does it realy bother you that much when someone puts a thread in the wrong forum:rolleyes:
    Just the other day I was in the bass section and someone had a thread about strings:eek: I could not sleep for a week:rolleyes:

8. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Don't you think it's strange that it still happens when there's an announcement at the top of the forum EXPLICITELY asking people to think again before they choose to post in Setup?

9. If it's going to be a huge deal change the name to "bass setup". When it say's Setup, People assume they can ask a question about a compressor setup;)