This any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by New_Guy, Jan 19, 2004.

1. New_Guy

Jan 18, 2004
    Woodinville, WA
    Are Squier Affiniti P-Basses any good?
  2. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    i have one its ok.
    I've played about 3 other ones and found out i got lucky with my squier. Make shure you play it first.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

For the $$$, they are OK, but nothing special. You should definitely play several and pick the best before handing over your money.

A better bet would be an Essex from - great beginner basses for the price. I have a P bass copy that blows away a Squier, and I only paid $99 for it, + shipping.
  4. What aobut those Brice J-basses? I thought about gettin gone of those natural ones with the 70s natural look. I want a friend for my P-bass.

It is sad........:bawl:
  5. Can't you tell I'm an excellent typist? Are rock bassists supposed to be good with computers?:bassist:
  6. New_Guy

Jan 18, 2004
    Woodinville, WA
    so then what's wrong with them?

And, Because they are not good basses, what would be a good 4 string begininng bass. I am not rich, so anything over about 170 for the bass is to much. Thanks
  7. i actually started off with a dean cheap bass. The thing wasnt too bad except that some of the frets were higher than the other and stuff like that. If i remember correctly, it mightve been active eq also, but i dont remember. Not too bad for a beginner bass, and i think theyre right around that 170 dollar area. I would go for those, dont do the squier. Also you can check out the olp basses, those are definatively a good deal. I actually think theyre around 300, but i could be wrong. I think those would be the untimate begginer bass.
  8. New_Guy

Jan 18, 2004
    Woodinville, WA
    well, are the Squier Affiniti P-Basses the only ones that are bad, or is the Squier P-Bass, not the affiniti one, also a bad bass?
  9. squier = crap.

if i were you I would go with that ibanez jumpstart bass. i know the package is around 300, so the bass is prob around 150 or so....i looove that bass, especially for the money
  10. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I have an affinity P bass that was given to me from a family member. For the hell of it, I spent a good while one night setting it up as well as it could be. Guess what guys? It's not that bad. I'd gig with it if I had to, which I may.

99.9% of the club goers would notice no difference between me using this bass vs. my musicman or modulus.

The cheapie ibanez basses truly do suck though.