1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This baby's comin my way!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lowdownwalt, Sep 7, 2008.

1. lowdownwalt

lowdownwalt

Mar 23, 2008
    BC Canada
  2. Me-ow. That's pretty.

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Congrats on your 8lb 5oz addition.

4. Bassman822

Bassman822

Sep 1, 2007
    Bessemer, AL
    Next step would be to put a shell pguard on it. Even sweeter

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Nice. They look much better than 44-02/55-02 Laklands IMO.

Dave is a good man and I plan to see him about a similar Lakland (or maybe a Sadowsky) P in the next month or two. I have bought 3 basses, an amp and a bunch of accessories from him in the last year or so and he is always a pleasure to deal with.

Now that I think about it, I haven't talked to him in over 6 months. He must think I am mad at him or something! Actually, I am just broke and avoiding Club Bass as I can't seem to go there without buying something!

6. lowdownwalt

lowdownwalt

Mar 23, 2008
    BC Canada
    Possibly... although my sunburst Jazz has the shell so I do prefer some difference between the two. Also will be adding a Natural MV5 Sadowsky in a couple of months.

Starting my collection. :)

7. Hey LDW
    I see you live in BC and Club Bass is in Toronto ON. So, I guessing you haven't played this bass yet. Does Dave offer a time limit to try it out to make sure it fits?

8. lowdownwalt

lowdownwalt

Mar 23, 2008
    BC Canada
    Yup... I'm way out here in BC. You guy's living in Ontario and closer to Club Bass are lucky as you can go right to the store and chat with Dave in person.

It's my understanding that you have a 24 hr. approval time and if it dosen't fit you can return it for credit.

I'm almost positive the BG will fit from all the reports and info that I've researched. Straight ahead simple.... passive,volume and tone control P bass is exactly what I'm looking for.

9. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    I clicked on the original link not knowing what was coming and my out loud reaction was just "Ooh!" That's very nice. Why is it that the world's simplest bass (I include all Ps) often gets the the most droolworthy reaction?

I'm a big fan of tortie pickguards, but that baby looks just fine as is IMO. I'm jealous;)

10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Nice!
    Dave's a great guy to deal with.

11. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Yum. You're gonna dig that.