Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This battlestation is FULLY OPERATIONAL (new rig!!!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Sep 19, 2002.

1. so. after months of agonizing decision, finding the needed components on the used market, and waiting for them to arrive, it's finally done, and it's a MONSTER. being a poor college student with no car, portability and cost were foremost in my mind.

well, let's get down to it, here's what i got:
    • Peavey Firebass 700
    • 2x Bag End S15-D
    it doesn't have the most detailed highs, but it's got a good amount of booty, especially with both speakers together, and the midrange punch is VICIOUS. oh, and it's loud as all hell. a pic, you say? no problem.

[​IMG]

please notice the ampeg rig in the background. that's the rig i've been borrowing up 'til now. my new rig beats the snot out of it, even with only one speaker hooked up, at half volume.

2. on a completely unrelated note, i'll be selling my SWR workingman's 15 combo, if you're interested. ;)

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Nice indeedy. i like. i like more than mine. now, GET A NEW BASS.

4. OH NO YOU DI-INT!!

seriously, i will never part with my rumblefish. i LOVE it. it is my single most precious material possession. that said, i am jonesing for a p-bass. but considering that i just bought the rig, it'll probably be an essex.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Throw a killer 2x10 on top, and I would be in love! And I know what you mean about the college student thing...I might as well be selling a kidney to get my new rig...I've got to sell my motorcycle instead. :(
    But back on topic...I bet that is one SWEET sounding set-up. I really want to tryout some Bag Ends. Good luck with it!

6. Congrats man! Very nice rig. I love the Reverend. Been wanting one of those for a while now. Bet it sounds killer. :)

7. takemusu

takemusu

May 6, 2002
    take more shots of the rumblefish, pleeeeaaase!

i'm *this* close to putting my order for one in, and photos would help. make them sexy. make me quit tearing my skin off over whether i should buy one.

please? thanks. :)

8. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    nice to hear that!

now you have not only a great bass but a great rig too!!

go on with motley!

9. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Awesome! I was thinking about 2 Bag -end 15s also..great sound, but portable. How hard was it to find them used and how much should I expect to pay?

thanks, good luck

BTB

10. check out my band's website, link in my sig. there are lots of pics in there of me playing it.

josh - yeah, someday i'd like to trade both in and get one coax model and one with the extra lows for a real full range rig. but, for now it's more than adequate. my goal wasn't nuance, it was volume and punch. rawk.

11. yes. oh lord yes.

BigtopBruno- it wasn't too hard to find them used. i got them both from TB supporting members, in fact, which greatly bolstered my confidence in the transactions. i got them each for $315, including shipping.

12. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Hey DanceHall, nice rig. Now more on the rev.. I've been looking at the Brad Houser 5. Have you tried one or heard one? What do you think of it?

13. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Nice rig, man! Congrats. I love my BE cab! :D

14. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida

Dude, I was going to say the same thing, but then I thought that my bass doesn't come the most prestigious bass manufacturer (ESP :p ), so I refrained from saying it.

Nice bag ends.

15. Praise be.

16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Great minds, DHC. I just picked up a Bag End 15 and paired it with a custom 400w 1-12 cab. Amazing sound.

My new rig thread

[​IMG]

BTW I initially tested this pairing in the store with a Firebass amp... sounded great.

17. yeah beej, rigs rock that much harder when they're as portable as ours. :cool:

swingbass, i've never played a reverend five. there's a thread in Basses right now about them though...

18. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Aren't those Bags sweet? I demoed just about every brand I could find before I bought my first S15-D, and now have a pair.

19. Get a new bass?

I don't own one but a friend does, the Rumblefish is a damn sweet bass.

20. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Hey, I'll bet that Peavey 700 sounds great through those Bag Ends. I played through the firebass 700 at a music store (through peavey210/15) and was very impressed. are you going to run those cabs side by side like that or stack them? just curious. I used to have two Bag End S15-D's but recently sold one. I can't remember the guy's name that bought it , but I think he hangs out here at talk bass ;) Anyway I plan on buying the next larger size Bag End 15 cab to put under my remaining S15-D for a little more low end. I used my Ampeg 610 cab last night on a gig. sounded great, but man what a pain to load. Enjoy that new rig.