1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This cannot be healthy...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spencer, Jan 4, 2007.

1. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Well About 1 week ago I bought a MIA Fender Precision off of ebay for 700$ shipped its sunburst, Planning on putting a tort pick gaurd on it.. It'll be here tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

I then bought a new strap some picks and strap locks nothing big about 30$

Well last night I stumbled apon this on ebay..
    04-05 MIA Candy Red Precision Bass for only 550$! So of course I bought it... Might Tort it or White pickgaurd
    f4a7_1.

I hope this trend doesn't continue. 2 Basses in 1 Week = not good. Im also looking for a stingray, a envelope filter, 6x10 or 8x10 and possibly soon a Ampeg Cl...

2007 seems like it is going to be the YEAR OF NEW GEAR....

2. easy

easy

Mar 16, 2005
    seattle
    nice.

StingRays sound really delicious through Ampeg SVT CL and an 8x10

3. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    BTW Yes I know I misspelled healthy, Oh and by the way I just got a new head about 1.5 weeks ago, 1001rb 2 Gk :D

4. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I like that black pick guard on your MIA. That thing is sweet! And, you DO need a SR. This is what TB does to people!

5. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    PM me. I might have a VGC/Mint SR4 BC w/rw available for your enjoyment.

6. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Yea I miss my Stingray a good bit.. Im looking for a Single Humbucker+Maple fretboard in Candy Red..

7. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Im not sure which one I should keep, or if I should keep both.. I guess one will go when I catch my next peice of gear that I HAVE to have.. I like my Gk but I want to own a SVT Classic soo bad..

8. war_n_peace

war_n_peace

Aug 9, 2006
    USA
    I could think of alot more unhealthy things you could spend
    your money on...

9. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    ...true...

10. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    That burst Precision is hot. Nice score(s).

Graeme

11. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Just Wondering is the Red one a good deal? Thats pretty much the reason I bought it, because it was so cheap. 550$..

12. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I'd say so, provided it's in okay condition. Don't MIAs usually sell for over a thousand?

Graeme

13. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Brand new they are like 1000$

14. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    In that case, half the price, all the bass. I'd say that's a great deal.

Graeme

P.S. Did you happen to post a similar thread on the Ernie Ball forums? I recognize that bass for some reason...

15. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Yep the sun burst one, I had just gotten rid of my stingray and this is my newest bass...es...

16. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    A white guard on the CAR bass will look hot. If you go for a 'mint green' vintage looking one, that bass will be a dead ringer for a vintage mid sixties P in a custom color... :)

17. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    what exactly do you mean by mint green? I never saw that before. And yea Im either going to go tort white or gold anything but black..

18. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Well, if you got money, go spend it!

19. ETEcarmine

ETEcarmine

Jun 29, 2005
    NYC
    I'd say get a 70s SVT and DEFINITELY keep the GK. Two totally different animals and damn, will you have a sick rig. Oh yeah, and get a Stingray. :D

Happy I could be of some assistance. :bag:

20. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Mint green is very slightly off-white. Back when Fender used celluloid for pickguards, it was never quite white. It had a very slight green cast that's almost subliminally 'mint' green. It looks great (especially with red) and gives an instrument some vintage flavor in a subtle way. I've got a Tele with a mint guard and it's pretty sweet.