This can't be happening!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nick Bibeault, Feb 20, 2003.

1. A month ago i bought a new peavey grind ntb 4 string and to day i noticed some significant splitting in the body wings. I already emailed peavey and awaiting a reply but what do you think they will do when i send it out to Peavey?

The circled areas are the locations of the cracking.
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wow, I've never heard of that. From what I've heard about their CS, I think they'll do right by you.
  3. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Damn that dry weather.
  4. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    i cant see the cracks man, there only small cracks no need to worry.., nice neck-thru bass tho! :) :D :bassist:
  5. That was the picture i took when i first got it home. If there were any cracks in it when I bought it then they have grown significantly since then.

Oh and thanks for the props!
  6. Just got a reply from Peavey. They told me to send it to them and they'll replace it for free. By the way, has this sort of thing happen to anyone else's bass?
  7. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yep, someone was just telling how his Cirrus developed cracks and Peavey built him a new one from a scratch, even when there was no warranty! :eek:

Peavey seems to be taking good care of their customers.
  8. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    That's my thread about the Cirrus. Get a hold of Steve Smith at Peavey Service and he'll take care of you.
    Peavey stands behind its products like nobody I've ever dealt with.
    Peavey...darn right....Peavey!
  9. It seems to me that a crack in the wood,not a crack in the finsh,is a cause for worry.
    Peavey will take good care of you. It is a bummer that you have to go without the bass for a while. Good Luck!
  10. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    i wish more companies understood just how far superior service and follow ups will take them with existing customers and potential ones. let your customers be your salesmen!
  11. 1) That is one nice looking bass.
    2) Sounds like their customer service is tops.

Hooray for Peavey!!!!:D
  12. Luckily for me no one bought the bass i'm trying to sell (see below) so i'll have something to chop out on till my new one arives.
  13. Cool! looks like they'll take care of me good then. I was told to ship it to Peavey attn: Steve Smith.

Maybe they'll send me a Cirrus instead;) :D :bassist:
  14. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I had a peavey amp that needed some new parts, casters, corners, knobs... that sort of thing. So I call them up to see what they can do. Well, it turns out that the amp was discontinued (it was an old Combo 300) so they figured out what they had that would work, and put it in the mail for me! They didn't charge me for any of it because it wasn't a match for the amp... sounds like pretty good service to me!

15. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I wish more companies understood the term "Customer Service"
  16. How cool is that? I had a similar situation with Anvil Cases. I needed a roadcase for my new mixing board, instead of spending $300 for a new one, found a used one at the local 2nd hand shop ($50).

It had 2 busted latches, called Anvil, they promptly sent them for free. 30 minutes with a drill and rivet gun.... good to go!!!
  17. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I thought he was a drummer...

Glad they're taking care of you!
  18. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I have a Cirrus and have had no problem with it...
  19. we should make a petition for Peavey to take over Microsoft... :D

g'luck with the bass, Peavey ave great CS indeed :cool:
  20. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    As an aside.........cracks often develop because the humidty level in your house gets too low.

To EVERY resident of cold climates, pick up a humidifier for your home..(non-steam variety).Sears has a great one for $200. Keep the humidity levels in your home at 40% or better and not only will your instruments feel better.......but so will you........and your furniture....and your pets, etc.