1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

This cat cost six figures

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jive1, Apr 9, 2006.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    hathul.
    This is my new cat, Thuli.
    She cost me a fortune, but I got house in the deal. :)

Thuli conveyed with the house we bought in Alexandria. I think the fact we were willing to take her leaned in our favor when we made the offer.

Thuli's name comes from Hathul, which is Hebrew for "the cat". She's 6, but not sure what breed. So far, she seems to tolerate me. I'm not a cat person, and compared to my dogs she doesn't make much sense. She and the dogs haven't gotten accutomed to each other yet. If anyone has any tips on integrating dogs and cats, Thuli and I would appreciate it.

2. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    My g/f got 2 kittens when she had a year+ old dog in the meantime.

First off, the cats and dog were not near eachother... The cats were upstairs exclusively, the dog was downstairs... The cats got a tiny bit older and somehow began to go downstairs. The dog flipped (blue tick / coon dog mix so that was fun) The cats hated her and would hide. The boy cat would swat the dog made it bleed, etc...

However, they eventually just clicked and now the cats brush up to the dog and even sleep next to it. They just need to get introduced slowly...

3. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Hatula yafa (nice cat)! I'd probably write it as Tuli based on the pronunciation. :smug:

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Six figures for a cat? Are you sure you didn't get her in the same shopping center where your wallet was stolen?

5. thats cool, that looks exactly like my cat...as for the breed, its a mix breed cat, but i don't know which two

first step though, get it off your cab!
    one thing about long haired cats is that they shed like crazy, and you will always have a layer of cat hair on your cab with that kind of covering

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sorry, can't help you with vivisection.

Congrats though.

bc

7. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Shoot the cat.

8. Fong249

Fong249

May 25, 2005
    Washington, DC
    You're lucky you dont have allergys. That house would have become impossible to live in with that cat. Oh theres gonna be hair on all your equipment, and maybe a few scratchmarks.

9. Nice Bag End under the cat.

10. Cats are cute and fuzzy and lazy, we mix well. My cat likes captain crunch and bananas.

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Eh, just let the cat and dog fight it out. They'll come to an understanding. One of my cat lets the dog chew on her head (really just the fur) and lick inside her ears. Very wierd. The other one just runs away and hides. When the latter cat comes in contact with the dog, it's like a mortal kombat game going on. Thoroughly entertaining.

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Mmmmm. That cat looks like quilted maple.

13. Put the cat into a carrier. Then place the carrier somewhere where the dogs can't get to it. Then let the dogs and cat get accustomed to each others presence. Might take a while.

Rock on
    Eric

14. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    6 figures? on a cat?

wanna loan me some to fix my rig up?

:)

seriously though... beautiful animal

15. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to train a cat?
    If so, how?

16. Hey it's a Bag End! High five.

17. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    At six, it's a little old for training (but by all means keep a spray water bottle around, that works great for minor behavior modification)...

I would keep the cat and dog separate for awhile, then slowly get them to learn that there's someone else there. One thing that was recommended to me for getting two cats to deal with each other is give them catnip separately on each side of a door that they can smell each other between... I think it helped make things a bit easier for our two cats (both were strays and older when we got them). They did still fight out some territory battles for awhile, but nothing too bad... now they play fight just for fun, but they do it rarely.

By the way, adorable cat. She seems to have that rule the roost look... as long as the cat and dog can work out who's the boss (tony danza perhaps?) they should be fine.

18. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!"

19. Rooney

Rooney

Jan 5, 2006
    Kenton, Oh
    What kind of dog do you have? Hunting dog of sorts? High prey drive sort of dog?..ie....pit bull or American Bulldog or herding breed?

I have a pit bull and an austrailian shepherd. When we bought our new house, the cat went first while the other animals waited their turns so to speak (these animals had never met). Pit bull stayed with my sister...the shepherd we didn't own yet. By the time the dogs came, the house already smelled like the cat. They co-exist quite nicely now. In fact, the dogs respect (FEAR) the cat. So this cat being a long time resident there may work to your advantage. Make sure you give the cat due credit though......as your dog may not be what you should be worried about. I've seen some dogs get really messed up by cats. Either way, like someone else had said, take it slow and careful and you should be ok.