This changes everything.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by smperry, Feb 15, 2005.

1. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
  2. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I had never seen the word 'cowbellist' before. :eyebrow:
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    That is, by far, the funniest thing I have seen in 2005.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    "The Rad Monkey VLC800 may be the last cowbell you'll ever buy. In addition to Rad Monkey's well-known cowbell amplification, onboard DSP also faithfully reproduces teh sound of a dozen of the world's most sought-after vintage and modern cowbells. Thousands of hours of dedicated research and development have resulted in striking cowbell models with all of teh character and depth of the beloved originals. If you're as dedicated to tone as we are, we know you'll love what you hear. Step up to the Red Monkey."

These guys are comedy masterminds. :D
  5. DougP

Sep 4, 2001

i am going to start up LOL
  6. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    When I was in Germany they had a few girls play a song completely with different pitched cowbells while they danced. That was really cool!
  7. I love the legit pictures to go along with the painstakingly accurate digital samples they mustered for this offering. Too funny.
  8. I can't seem to find a dealer in my area... :confused:
  9. DougP

Sep 4, 2001

i would actually like to build a xylophone out of cowbells...but then i dont really have a life either. :D
  10. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I actually listened to the samples. :rolleyes:

11. Sadly, nor can I. Woe is me indeed.
  12. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I'm waiting for the Will Ferrell endorsement before I buy one.

haha I can just see them featuring him on their "Power Users" page. With Christopher Walken saying "With the Rad Monkey, I never have to ask for more cowbell."
  13. Does anyone know which model of cowbell Corky Laing used on "Mississippi Queen?" That's so much more rich and complex than the "Don't Fear The Reaper" or "We're An American Band" sounds.
  14. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Wow, that's great, funny, and awsome :D.
  15. And to think I had sunk all of this time and money into classic boutique cowbells, when all I had to do was buy the Rad Monkey modeling cowbell . . . stupid . . . stupid . . . stupid!
  16. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    i bet he fairs just as well as those perfect pitch fruitcakes.

"what ? a fruicake with perfect pitch ? i gotta see THIS "

for me to poop on
  17. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    The tragically funny part is that, for the first few seconds after I saw this, I actually considered one. My drummer has an electronic kit. (This is a good thing. It gives us volume control over the drummer. :hyper: ) I saw this and thought it was an actual trigger for cowbell sounds that he could add to his set. For almost ten seconds it was a really good idea.

Then the farce content got too high. Dammit. :rollno:

Don't you hate when the joke kind of sounds like a good idea.
  18. I thought about getting some but I was afraid my cows would get caught up in the extention cords.
  19. zbigniew

Nov 14, 2002
    Northern Iceland
    hehehe, a good one :p
  20. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Best part of the site, I think, is the photo of the dreadlocked 'bellist on the main page.

"Mason D'Arquin, Lead Cowbellist of Alt Rock/Heavy Metal juggernauts Stormfiyaz!!!