Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This could happen.......sure!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor [DB]' started by jvtwin, Apr 5, 2001.

1. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    The outdoor was about to begin when a terrible wind arose out of nowhere blowing music stands over and sheet music everywhere. The frustrated conductor halted the concert and stormed off the stage. This allowed for his players collect their sheet music and stands back to their appropriate places. The bassest, having memorized his music for the concert duck out backstage where he had stashed a bottle of scotch and preceded to finish off the bottle.
    After a 20 minute delay, the wind had died down and the players and secured their stands and were ready to begin, when to the amazement of the shocked conductor, who couldn't believe his eyes when he looked up to see that the scores were tied and the bassist was loaded. :)

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

jv, YOU WILDMAN! I didn't know you drank scotch. You invited me out for a lowly beer!!! ;)

3. jvtwin

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    Rick my man!
    Pardon my lack of good graces!! My assumption of most electric bass players was to assume beer would be the more appropriate drink.;) With that, allow me to offer up a shot or two for my bad judgement! Will Johnny W. Red do or do you perfer the Chevis (?) Regal?

Didn't know anyone else looked into the double bass section! :D

4. rickbass

Can't disregard those who keep the progenitor of our instrument vital. Besides, sometimes a couple of "the kids" start acting up. :rolleyes:

5. jvtwin

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    I hear ya! Whenever your on the west coast, the new offer stands :cool:

6. Dewars is better, Glenfiddich is best. :D

7. jvtwin

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.

Ahhh - A man (?) who knows scotch! Such as it is, mines a poor bass players choice. ;)

8. Understood. I'm not much of a drinking man, but when I do imbibe, I prefer quality, not quantity.:)

9. ahh yes scotch, i prefered Dewars for mixing and Glenlivet for straight. i stopped because i prefered quality and quantity :D

10. rickbass

Give jv a break, reedo. ;) The man just sold the farm to get his heavenly Aguilar.

11. jvtwin

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.

Oh - and heaven (or is that heavy? ;) ) it is :D

LIfe is good!

12. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    Glenfiddich is good but you really should try Glenmorangie 18 yr and Oban.

Anyone who puts more than the merest trace of water in their scotch should stay away from single malts and stick to the blended scotches. I'm an attorney, I know a few things about scotch. ;)

13. jvtwin

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    Man! I want to party with you guys! ;)

14. jvtwin

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.

It's not a good idea to mix malts, is it Ed? :p ;)

I'm not sure what an Isley malt is! But I'm open for a test test :D

15. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    Lagavulin, Laphroaig, call me a wimp but those Islay single malts are just a little too rough, kinda wild and craggy tasting. I'll drink them but prefer the smoother fire of the Highland malts.

16. jvtwin

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.

Well, if the truth be known, I'm actually a whisky fan myself. I enjoy an occasional straight scotch, but I would prefer the taste of Jack Daniels - black label. It might be considered a bit "low end" but, I really enjoy it.

But, if anything else, I sure got a learning lesson on higher end scotches. :D

17. rickbass

That stuff helped get me to give up alcohol. It's top notch in most whiskey aficionados opinions. I drank so much of it, they sent a title for a couple of acres of mountain land as an honorary Tennessee Colonel. :rolleyes:

18. jvtwin

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.

Okay then - when you get to the west coast, JD shots it is!!:D

You do need to know I don't drink no more!

I don't drink no less either! :p

19. Just an opinion from a poor slab slapper who probably shouldn't be in here but someone left the door open.
    As I was a Bartender for a few years at several upscale restaurants i had the chance to try many fine Spirits. Usquabek(OK I know that’s spelled wrong) Was My preference in Scotch but never could acquire a taste for regularly drinking it.
    At the moment I find that Tequila is My preferred alcohol, since a few companies are making it correctly again. I know most of you think Tequila is a drink for collage students but go out and buy any Anejo 100% Blue Agave (Porfidio is my favorite) and u will see why it is.

Plus when Scots drink they Fight , when Mexicans drink they Sing
    . :)

20. ...Humm...what...uhh... Did someone say Tequila?..where?:confused: