Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This Ebay Auction makes me laugh.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by By-Tor, Feb 27, 2005.

1. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
  2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I can see how this came to be.

"hey man, I relly like this bass, but it's about 3 pounds to heavy for me, any idea how I can make it lighter?"

Or would that be one of the "very little scratches" the person mentions?

:D

3. I don't believe it, but I think that's my old Peavey!!! It was my first bass, got it back in '84. About a year later, I got a Steinberger, so I decided to lop off the top of the Peavey to cut down on the weight. One day, I lent it to this "fellow bassist" from whom I never hear again. Rumor was he pawned it for drugs. Anyway, I didn't really care 'cuz he left a guitar cabinet at another friends house that I promptly laid claim to for compensation.

Anyway, I sent the guy an email curious to see if he did that mod himself, or if not, how it came into his possession, etc. I wouldn't be able to prove it was once mine, so I have no designs of getting it back (who would?), but I think it would be an helluva interesting story to see how it got from Baton Rouge, LA to Edmonton, Canada.

Jason

4. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA

lol..interesting story

5. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    Since they lopped off 1/3 of the body, I'd call it a T-27.

6. tomd03

tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    Lol

Off topic, but By-Tor i love your name :D over here i've earned the nickname "Snow Dog" By being such a huge rush fan lol.

Edit: Wow, i love that description of the specs:

Specs:

- Soft Fender Guitar Case

-2 Pick-up's

-4 New Strings

-Custom peavey plated

And how it describes the "Custom made to have better performance and handeling(sp?)"

7. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Sawing a bass body in half = further proof that humanity is, in fact, doomed.

8. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Hey if it stayed around 60 bucks Id take it ... So with a 1/3 of it gone it weighs about what ... 60 pounds now? ... Question though wheres the strap button? :confused:

9. Philbo

Philbo

Jan 11, 2005
    NY
    i guess it's "customized" if you consider running it through a buzz saw and slapping a pickguard piece on the side, customizing. That might actually be very comfortable though. It's a hell of a thumb rest.

phil

10. LMFAO, that would make a cool thumbrest

11. The neckdive must be horrific.

12. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Words fail me.

13. ha so whats the update with the story, was it your old bass?

14. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    and i was about to bid until i noticed that half the bass was missing... whoo dodged a bullet there.

15. Well, according to the response I got, he says:

"From what I know, the original owner had it custom made through peavey, its not just "chopped" off, it has a custom peavey plate."

Now, I think we can all pretty much agree that could not be true. Anyway, more power to the guy.

Oh, on a side note: I kept the original hardshell case, so I find it even more interesting that this one doesn't come with one.

16. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

I would pretty much guess that it is probably yours. I mean how many Peavey basses are floating around looking like that. Cool story.

I like that it has not one, not two, not three but four new strings.

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Five bucks says you never wrote down the serial number, right? :(

If that's your baby, go for it, get it back!

18. BassLiK

BassLiK

Feb 27, 2005
    AZ
    i just bought a used bass, jazz bass he said it was a 1996, with active pickups/serial number is n7225616/ anymore details thanks :bassist: :hyper:

19. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You wanted to start a new thread didn't you? From what I gather, Deluxe Active Jazz Bass, made in 1997.

20. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    "Neck completely straight giving this guitar afull tone"

lmfao

hehehe its funny because it looks like awful... ok... ill get out