Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

THIS GUY. Geddy cover content. BU2B Clockwork Angels tune

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Josh Thatguy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy Registered abUser Supporting Member

I do not ordinarily endorse bassists I stumble across on Youtube, and ordinarily, as most of us know, there's a lot left on the table when it comes to a Geddy Lee / Rush cover (with a few notable and very consistent player exceptions).
    That said, I have no idea who this guy is yet, nor have I checked out any of his other stuff, but for a seriously entertaining 5 minutes and 7 seconds, WATCH this and listen. Fair warning, he takes some generous liberties with some add-ons, but it WORKS. The recording quality and tone leaves a lot to be desired also, but if you can check it out without critiquing beyond what I've already pointed out, then hit Play!
    I couldn't help but smile while I was watching him get into, and get off on, doing this, and it made me imagine Geddy on cocaine (in a good way):

EDIT- the first 51 seconds are slow and quiet; be patient or skip to :52!

2. photogdude

photogdude ustonsucs Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, Tx
    EF me. when i watch these vid's Sometimes i get inspired, other times i wanna throw my bass out the window.

3. Register_To_Disable