1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

This guy must be a TB'er...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by RyanJD, Jan 12, 2018.

1. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    stuff.JPG

If I had a nickle for every post on here where I've seen someone complain about their wife, I'd have enough nickles to buy this bass. (Even without the 29% discount his wife is making him put on it...)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Beej likes this.
  3. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Seriously though. I've been looking around for a new bass and Carvin has been moving higher and higher up my list... I haven't really seen anyone say anything negative about them, though I'm sure there are stories out there. The headstocks aren't my favorite, as well as a few other aesthetics, and I wish there were more 35" scale options, but otherwise the B50, JB5 and some of the LB models seem really nice.

4. Women are smart. They know that a four string is all you really need.

5. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    'er indoors takes a lot of flack from me online, but she's definitely a keeper.
    She went from "Why do you need another guitar/bass?" to "Why is that one any different from that one?" and "I can't hear what you hear" to:
    Buying me an Am. Std. Jaguar for my 50th birthday.
    Buying me a Fender Rumble 25 so I could practice after we lost all our stuff in the fire.
    Telling me that I need to start researching what I want to 'rebuild my collection.'

Ex-Wife was: "You got a new bass? Then sell the other one!" She had to go.

6. biguglyman

biguglyman

Jul 27, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    Look around for a used Carvin "XB" model. 35.25 inch scale. I love mine...

bass3.

the harp unstrung and RyanJD like this.
  7. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    With the extended neck.

8. popcat

popcat Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2016
    That Calvin guitar has really fat strings, and how would you know where to put your fingers? I can't even imagine trying to play a bar chord. First thing I would do is change the strings to eights -- Jimmy page always says to go light.

Also, I don't think it's a Calvin Klein; else it would be purple not green. It looks more like a Calvin Richardson re-issue.

The guy could probably keep that guitar, if he only knew.

Attached Files:

9. This isn't the Cliff Claven model?

10. To quote the late Sam Kinison..." I dont condone spouse abuse. But I understand it! I mean, I wouldnt want to be the deciding member on a jury or anything..."

ThudThudThud likes this.