This guy's place is going to be INSANE - Joey G's, NYC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, Jun 24, 2003.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001

Look at the freakin' basses this guy is and will be carrying:

Acacia Alembic Aries Armen Basses ASPE Atlansia Baldwin Barrillon Bassline
    Bebensee Benevente Bolin Bossa Bruce Johnson Burns Sonic Chirs Larkin Christof Kost Citron Dan Armstrong De Armond Def Devon Dingwall Egmond Epiphone Esh F Bass Fender Fodera Gibson Godin Gougi Guild Heins Hohner Jaydee Karera Kay Ken Lawrence Kopo Kramer Kritz Lado Langcaster Leduc Le Fay Marleaux Mike Lull MTD/Michael Tobias Neuser Oscar Schmidt Pedulla Rick Turner Ritter Rob Allen Robin Roomain Roscoe Schack Steinberger Stuart Spector Designs Sukop US Masters WAL
    Warwick Zeta Zon

I absolutely have to make an appointment to get to this place once he's up and running!!!

This would be the sweetest TB get together ever.

2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wow...lotsa good stuff
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Wow, he's almost too good to be true.

He's one of two stores worldwide that carry Le Fay basses, Reiner usually sells direct only.
  4. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I'm afraid that if i went into a store stocked like that I would probably have a stroke and keel over before i touched anything.
  5. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nobody does retail better than New Yorkers.
    It's a very competitive place. You fall asleep there, the competition will crush you.
  6. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Hmm... just called the phone number and got a fax line. It's probably after business hours by now (7pm), but still... I'll try back tomorrow.
  7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Interestingly enough I tried to buy something from them about a month or two ago. Very bad service. I called asking about a bass they said they had in stock and the dude actually told me "Yeah, I just got some basses in why don't you call tomorrow."

I guess he was so anxious to unbox basses that it was more important than a paying customer. :rolleyes:

Guess who never called back.
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Man! He needs to open a branch in DFW. I am drooling over that list.
  9. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    When the DFW store opens Iam there!
  10. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I talked to the guy for about 30minutes.
    I called to aske about a Matt Pulcinella NAMM 2003 fretless that he bought. He ended up keeping me on the line shooting the shoot.

He offered to send the bass to me for a 72hr trial. I knew how much Matt sold it for, so I didn't go for it. He was a bit mushy on his prices and I hate to haggle.

He still isn't even open.
  11. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I'm looking for a fretted Acacia...Looks like he has one or two...;)
  12. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    wowee wow WOW!
    Those Aries are killing me. I did not need to see that.
  13. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    Something about the combination of those woods in that's very easy on the eyes. Absolutely stunning...

I've never heard of that company before, anybody on TB own one? Prolly pretty pricey... :eek:

But wow, what an amazing store - and he's not open yet! Hopefully he'll get in some used stuff so guys like me can actually afford them! ;) :D
  14. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    And you could kill somebody with the lower horn on that Aries! ;)