Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This has been a bad day..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Erlendur Már, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    ...When I came home from work I found out that someone had broken into a house that my family has, it's kinda like summer house or something, my grandparents used to live there..
    Anyway, a lot of valuable stuff were stolen, and ALL the old vinyl records were stolen, including the complete Beatles collection!!!:bawl:

And I live in a small village on the east coast of Iceland.. NOTHING ever happens here..

2. Sorry to hear about that, hope they catch the bastards. "Hey, I'm a human ! I pick on my own race !" Sheesh ..

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    people who steal stuff like that should be taken and instead of being punished by normal methods, all of the items should be returned, and that person should be publicly humiliated, and everyone should be told that they can now freely slap that person if seen. Something that will haunt them for the rest of their life.

"heey, you're that guy with the molasses and the chicken feathers!" *SLAP!* :p :D

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sorry to hear it! Someone stole my hubcaps today, but your post realy put that in perspective. I hope you get justice!

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Thieves suck!!! I hope that they find them and take it out of their hide!:mad:

6. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Wow that sucks :( Hope you get your stuff back!

7. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    you have thieves in iceland? I learned something new today. :)

8. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Apparantly it has a huge shoplifting problem, tescos too.

(ICelands a frozen frood chain in the UK).:rolleyes:

I feel your pain though, I've never been burgled/robbed but I know how annoyed (and more) I'd be if my house was broken into and stuff was taken/destroyed.

I really should press o convince my mum to install a burgular alarm rather than doing the common action of installing one after being burgled!

9. That really sucks. Just say the word, we'll round up a few people and go door to door with baseball bats looking for old Beatles records. :D

10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I totally agree!

That would be great :)

Anyway, I doubt that we will get this stuff back.. I just want the records (sentimental value..) :(