This has to be an April Fools joke

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gitfiddl, Apr 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. upload_2018-4-1_9-51-33.png

pie_man_25 likes this.
  2. crlujan

crlujan

Jul 26, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Go get it right now!

48thStreetCustom and Bassbeater like this.
  3. I did send them a message. No reply as of yet. That said, I've got two tonewheel Hammonds (an H182 and an M100) and a Leslie Model 18 (single speaker/rotor) at the house already. The wife would have a hissy fit!

4. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    Sometimes, it's just a large object in an inconvenient place that somone wants GONE, yesterday.

IIRC there was an organ freebie around here, not april fools, but I did not have adequate interest to engage a set of helpers to move the dang thing.

I've picked up wood-dorking tools worth a few kilobucks because someone was selling the house and had not managed to sell them off, and wanted them out (otherwise I suspect they would have ended up in the dumpster!!!)

These things do not as a rule, hang around long, but they are often perfectly real.

old spice, MJ5150 and gitfiddl like this.
  5. Pug the Pig

Pug the Pig Inactive

Mar 21, 2018
    London
    Agreed, I've had some great stuff purely on the basis of 'please just take it away'....

6. BD Jones

BD Jones

Jul 22, 2016
    Texas
    I used to see this sort of thing a lot regarding pianos (upright and grands) in college. It was free if you could move it. Many of these were in great condition but the owner (usually an older person) was moving to a smaller home or retirement community and just wanted it gone. I helped move a lot of these and even got a great one for myself. I see this a lot less now.

7. Pug the Pig

Pug the Pig Inactive

Mar 21, 2018
    London
    Tragic, the lovely old pianos that have been trashed, I saw one just standing in the street in London a while back, I even had a play with it, but could do nothing... as no where to put it, no way to move it...:(

gitfiddl likes this.
  8. I still haven't received an answer to my email. Both of the Hammonds I have, as well as the Wurlitzer spinet piano I have, were "free to a good home", so I understand the chance that the ad may be legit. That said, the ad has no pics, doesn't state the condition, etc.

9. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    You already have two - is it worth the hissy fit? Or can you turn it around for more than free in a reasonable period of time?

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    If you already have two, let someone else score this great deal if it's legit.

-Mike

11. But I don't have a B3!

BurnOut likes this.
  12. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    I would look, but Hammond made some dogawful home living room organs.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022