Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This Hum Is Driving Me Crazy!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by reveille_509, Oct 14, 2000.

1. reveille_509

reveille_509

Aug 17, 2000
    Could someone please tell me how to get rid of this freakin hum! I checked for faulty soldering and didnt find any. I dont feel like sheilding it,but if i have to I will. Could anyone tell me how to ground it? I just want it gone.
    please help, thank you.

2. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Rev. Sorry but your post doesn't make sense as it's written. What are you trying to get the hum out of?

Why not take a few minutes to complete your profile so we'll have an idea who we're talking to?

3. mess around with your tone knobs.. it usually comes from too much treble.. I don't know why.. it just does! esp. if you're near a computer, tv, remote controls, etc. hope I helped ya...

-Willz

4. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    I'm assuming that you're talking about your bass, correct? At any rate, shielding it may be your only alternative. Other things that occasionally worked for me are to change the outlet that your amp is plugged into and sometimes it helps to change cables. However, these solutions aren't permanent - shielding will usually fix your hum problem permanently. I have a J-bass copy that I shielded myself and now it has almost no hum (even with only one of the pickups on, with both on it's literally dead quiet). So, either get it done by a professional or do it yourself, but just get that thing shielded! :) BTW, I got my instructions from the book Guitar Player's Repair Guide.