This is a crazy question

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by oldirtymoney, Sep 26, 2002.

1. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    this is a crazy question and a odd one that i doubt anyone will be able to answer but does anyone out there no what amp settings dirk lance of incubus has his amp set to. Meaning trebal bass and all the balance crap??? :(
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    He sets all dials to ROCK!!!

Actually, he runs three Eden heads with two Eden 4x10xlts per head simultaneously, with one to handle bass, one for mids, and one for treble. So blow about $10 grand and you've got yourself a nice Dirk Lance sound.
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

When you get to his level and all the resources the recording label gives him access to, those guys aren't using stock gear out the door from your local Guitar Center.

It's tweaked to their tastes by sound techs. And of course, their recorded sound is beyond "real."

But, that gear diff describes could get you as close as reasonably possible for all of we schlubs who depend on music store gear.

Just my epxerience.
  4. The best sound is your own sound
  5. word :cool:
  6. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    yeah yeah best sound is your own. But his bass sounds so nice and smooth
  7. Bessie

Aug 11, 2002
    you kill me.:p

BUT P.S. They are all very smart answers and I have to agree.
  8. Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Heh, sry, just doing a search for Dirk Lance and found this.

From what I know he uses 3 Eden Cabs.

One maxed Lows, one maxed mids, one maxed highs and mics and mixes all of em.
  9. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    thats not the bass, thats him making it sound nice and smooth. a good player can take a rogue or any lousy bass and make it sound smooth.