This is a great deal..?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ProgBassGuy, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ProgBassGuy

ProgBassGuy

Oct 5, 2011
    Albany, OR
  2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    You did notice it was made in China, and there are 2 of those hand-made custom basses available?

3. This looks like junk. The two pickups each span about 6 of the 7 strings. This would make the two outside strings weak relative to the other strings.

4. Rickengeezer

Rickengeezer

Feb 25, 2005
    Central Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Steve Clayton Accessories
    Getting your "dreamful fantastic guitar": priceless.

5. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    hmm---wonder how the warranty/customer service would be on this...... hmmmm....bbuuurrrppp

6. Why don't YOU buy it, check it out, then get back to us and tell us about how great (or not great) this "peice of art" is. :eyebrow:

(cuz 'ya don't want to get burned? well, that's the chance 'ya take, buying some Chinese no-name for a purportedly "bargain" price)

For $499 shipped, I'd be shopping for a MIM Fender...but that's me...

7. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Anybody else think it's weird the way the soapbars are staggered? I'm sure it's supposed to look like a bit P pup, but the outer strings only go over one pickup and the ones in between go over both pickups.

8. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Oh, and the body is made out of the king of tonewoods - elm. :scowl:

9. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Looks terrible.

10. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
  11. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    That's true, but what does that have to do with this particular bass?

12. ProgBassGuy

ProgBassGuy

Oct 5, 2011
    Albany, OR
    thanks for all of your great input. :) BassicJohn & fourstringbliss, I do agree that it's a bit odd how the pickups are staggered. That was my main concern when I first looked at the bass. Rickengeezer, bassplayer8953, and mmbongo, I agree. The main reason I thought it might be legit is that the seller had awesome feedback, and the craftsmanship, as well as the types of wood, seemed fantastic. I think I'll just stick to saving for a music man bongo 6 :p

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021