Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

THIS IS AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE! - - - - Yes Roger Sadowsky!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigMikeW, Jun 21, 2005.

1. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    I just got off the phone with Roger Sadowsky. I have talked to Roger many times and everytime I have dealt with him or ANYONE on his staff they have been incredible.

Anyway, he calls me to tell me that while removing the pickguard on the PJ5 the finish stuck to the pickguard and removed a good size chunk of the finish. Not a big deal, it happens. But Roger called. Not someone else but he felt he should call me to tell me what happened!

I would normally expect to hear, from lesser companies, that either 1.) Not our fault sorry but you are screwed or 2.) that they would touch it up and make it look as good as possible. AND, more than likely it would be at my cost. NOT THE CASE HERE!

Roger apologizes (not really necessary) and says that he is going to have it completely refinished because anything less would not be good enough for him.

Not only that but that I can have it finished anyway I want. Not just the original finish!

Then he says that he has a PJ5 that he is going to send me as a loner until this bass gets refinished!

Amazing. The guy is so first class it isn't funny. I am really blown away. Not that I needed another, but this just gave me another reason why I KNOW I made the right choice in switching.

Now I get to try a PJ5 out AND if I like it I could get a whole new finish. I am floored!

BY REQUEST.... Here is the original... Not sure on refinish yet. Going to wait and see if I like the PJ5 sound first.

[​IMG]

2. that is awesome. just makes me wish i could afford a sadowsky even more.

3. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    That is damn cool. What color is the bass? are you gonna change the color now that its going to be refinished?

4. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Yet another reason why he and his basses are worth the extra money.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Me: Roger, we're playing NY this week. Can I use one of your import models for the gig?

Roger: What for? Why don't you just use one of my NYC basses? It's cool.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

6. Wow that really is the customer service story of the year, in my books. I gotta try one out....they're just too nice.

7. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

I don't doubt this for a second. I am speechless.

For me, after playing for over 20 years, this is my customer service story of my career! No offense but I was never treated this good by the companies I endorsed. WOW! :eek:

8. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Sadowskys are nothing more than crappy parts basses. ;)

In all seriousness, that is awesome. I hope to someday be able to scrape up enough cash for one.

9. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Don;t get me started! ;)

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I repaid him by buying one.

11. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    BigMikeW,

I'm eagerly awaiting your next Sadowsky thread and I'm sure you won't dissappoint.

12. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Actually, I'd expect this at this price level. I've had similar experiences with Joe Zon, Keith Roscoe, and Mike Tobias. Poor customer service is more typical of the low end market, while exemplary customer service is more typical of the high end market... at least IMHE(xperiences).

Still, great to hear, tho...

13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    as a sadowsky endorser, posting such threads amounts to commercial advertising. please don't do it again, or i will be forced to delete it. you're not the only endorsing artist here at talkbass, we have pretty strict rules about this kind of thing.

EDIT(JT): i have been informed that your relationship with sadowsky is just that of a satisfied customer, in which case there is no problem. i misunderstood your numerous claims of endorsement to imply some kind of relationship above that of just a very satisfied customer. i apologize.

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  15. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    +1

I spoke to Joe ZON and told him that I loved his basses and that it would be wonderful if I could borrow one for a video shoot in Italy. I showed up to a brand new 5/2 at the shoot....although I no longer have a ZON bass, that kind of customer service will have me going back to ZON one day. Also, PJ from Spector overnighted me a 5 string for an audition...what a guy! All I am saying is that there are many examples of great customer service out there....I bet that Roger is top notch also.

16. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    John Turner is a gentlemen and a scholar. Well, not sure about the scholarly part but he is good in my book.

Thanks John!

17. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I wonder if Roger will lend me an NYC for my NYC show with Sheena Easton July 5th... ;)
    seriously, that kind of customer service is absolutely priceless.

18. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    I bet he would!

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, but he still wears that mullet thingie.

20. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Had a similar situation. Bought a vintage 4 in gold super sparkle from Roger. Had it about a year. Took it in and he noticed the finish had gotten cloudy in spots. Funny thing is I didnt notice it had! He refinished it for free in '59 burst then sold it for me on his site. Too cool.

Rob