This is amazing...

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by roswell1965, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    I've seen this page before; nice to go back and see it again. You're right; amazing story, amazing bass.
  2. Flint/Geneva aren't far from here. I should make a pilgrimage, lay some flowers, etc.
  3. Hi Peter,

It's not far from me either - I've driven by the spot many times... I did think about leaving flowers once, but it's right in someone's front yard and I didn't think it would be appropriate. Have you been to Chuck Ralston's site? He's got video and audio clips of Scott I don't think you can find anywhere else.

4. Thanks for the link. I'd never seen it before, but I'd heard the story behind the bass. I think it's rather a shame that the darned thing isn't played regularly - it's my understanding that it's A Bad Thing for any instrument not to be played. I think also there is the danger of the bass becoming a sacred relic - I think the worship of symbols to be somewhat unhealthy...

- Wil
  5. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    I always get inspired every time I see that bass. As a 21-year-old DB'er, Scotty is definitely DA MAN for me. Such an awesome talent, and at such a young age. Definitely makes me know that this is what I want to do. :)