Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is amazing...

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by roswell1965, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I've seen this page before; nice to go back and see it again. You're right; amazing story, amazing bass.

2. Flint/Geneva aren't far from here. I should make a pilgrimage, lay some flowers, etc.

3. Hi Peter,

It's not far from me either - I've driven by the spot many times... I did think about leaving flowers once, but it's right in someone's front yard and I didn't think it would be appropriate. Have you been to Chuck Ralston's site? He's got video and audio clips of Scott I don't think you can find anywhere else.

Mark

4. Thanks for the link. I'd never seen it before, but I'd heard the story behind the bass. I think it's rather a shame that the darned thing isn't played regularly - it's my understanding that it's A Bad Thing for any instrument not to be played. I think also there is the danger of the bass becoming a sacred relic - I think the worship of symbols to be somewhat unhealthy...

- Wil

5. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    I always get inspired every time I see that bass. As a 21-year-old DB'er, Scotty is definitely DA MAN for me. Such an awesome talent, and at such a young age. Definitely makes me know that this is what I want to do. :)